Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
hunting strategies for this land? >

hunting strategies for this land?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hunting strategies for this land?

Old 09-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Spike

Default hunting strategies for this land?

im hunting a farm which i am not too familiar with because i couldnt get out to scout it much and just got permission to hunt it at the end of last season. i know there are alot of deer there and my stand location is on a good trail, however i obviously want other postions. i wont have too much time or money to go scout too much so i was hoping the attached picture would help give ideas. i know it cant be sure but its all i have to go with any scouting i can do. to the left side near the fence line it gets really thick. then there is a big ridge/rock that runs along close to the edge of the big feild on the right. if anyone can suggest places to scout or spots that might have better chances of deer going through id appriciate it. aside from that. theres one big apple tree which gets hit fairly hard.. so im thinking of baiting with apples right at that tree and hunting it with a ground blind or something. only thing is its right on the edge of a feild fairly close to the farm so i dont know if many bucks would go to it during daylight hours but im thinking of trying that in early bow season would this work? or should i just stick to the good trails?
Attached Thumbnails hunting strategies for this land?-deer-farm-map.jpg