Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Do any of you hunt deer with a 30-30? >

Do any of you hunt deer with a 30-30?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do any of you hunt deer with a 30-30?

Old 08-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

Yes i have shot 40+ deer with mine and love the gun.If your hunting in the woods with 100 yd shots or less you cant beat this gun !!!
Old 08-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have hunted for years with a 30-30 and see no need to change it. I am using a Marlin Glenfield model with a tip off scope. I use the scope when hunting the more open ranges where I have my yardage set out farther. Then when hunting the woods we have up here I tip the scope out of the way for closer shots. This set up has worked fine for me over the years. I used to get a deer all the time up here but now with our deer population being so low you are lucky to even see one let alone a buck that you can shoot..
Old 08-26-2012, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

The 30-30 has proved its worth time & time again. Yup got one. A winchester model 94 pre -64, with a Williams peep sight on rear. Damn fine rifle, light,fast shooting and accurate. Carry it in deer woods when ever I can, have drop many of deer with it. You don't really need a high caliber cannon in the woods when most shots are within 50 yds. The ole 30-30 will do fine.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

might this year out of state. I seldom need more than 50 yards on a deer. Lot of fun those guns are, up close.