Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Missed one

Old 09-06-2003, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Missed one

When you say you missed a deer, do you mean that you shot at and missed? Or, that you saw it to late to get a shot? Or, the dder saw you and ran before you could get a shot?
Old 09-06-2003, 02:48 PM

Default RE: Missed one

The term could be used in any of those situations. Usually when I say I missed one I mean I was close to it but had no shot. The term does seem to imply shooting, but many people I know use it differently.
Old 09-06-2003, 05:09 PM

^^^^^
When I say I missed one I mean I shot at one and missed it. If I saw a deer and didn' t get a shot I would say I saw a deer and didn' t get a shot.
Old 09-06-2003, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

i would use " missed one" if i missed one....i call one getting away the animals fate or i got busted or chose not to take it....
Old 09-06-2003, 08:27 PM

When I say I missed one it means that the deer either didnt give me a shot, or I shot and missed. I use it both ways, but when I say it, I elaborate so as not to confuse the other person!
Old 09-06-2003, 08:30 PM

I don' t know.......Never said it
Old 09-07-2003, 10:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

When I say I missed one, I took and missed a shot. If a deer spooks or I fail to get off a shot that I think I should have had, I usually say " I missed an opportunity!"
Old 09-08-2003, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Missing to me is firing a projectile down range and not hitting the target. Anything else is not getting a shot for " X" reason.
One thing i notice guys saying that bugs me is when they say they passed on a shot, when there never was a shot to be taken.(especially in archery) " Yea I passed on a buck I saw about 40 yds away in the brush" NO you didn' t pass, you saw a buck that never presented itself for a shot. Passing is when you have a deer within range, and a clear shot and elect not to take it for whatever reason.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

Would it be bragging if I said I never miss or would that be a lie. Probably would be a lie yes that is what it is a lie.

If you dont take a shot then you didn' t miss.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I say I missed, I mean that I shot and did not hit the deer.

Quick Reply: Missed one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.