Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

deer scents

Old 08-05-2012, 08:33 AM
Spike

Default deer scents

Has anyone ever tried the code blue scents? Im just wondering if there worth the money or do the less expensive ones work just as well
Old 08-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have tried them all, and for me, the Code Blue worked the best. That being said, none of them worked all that well. I had my best luck using it in a mock scrape.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I ahve tried a few commersial brands with little or no iondication that they are worth a dime of my $$$. I use pee from deer that I have killed to make a drag wrag and that seems to help cover my scent somewhat. I have had a few decent bucks come in down range winding this scent trail, but not sure why. I also keep the oiley tarsals from bucks I or my buds have killed ... and use these to scent a sapling or two near where I am set-up. This seems to work pretty well as far as causing bucks to come in looking for the "stranger". Or maybe it is their dead buddy they have been missing that they are looking for.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BigDaddy12t
I have tried them all, and for me, the Code Blue worked the best. That being said, none of them worked all that well. I had my best luck using it in a mock scrape.

exactly what i was going to post
Old 08-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Typical Buck

I have used wildlife research brand since the company started. My 1st buck with a bow was walking straight away until he walked down wind of my trails end 307, turned 45 degrees and allowed me to arrow him. That said, I have not experienced deer being afraid of any scents I have used but have had limited success with attractor scents overall.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I use a drag rag to cover my scent. That is all i think it is good for.

Did have a dog come on down the once and stop and sniff a scent rig a friend had left there and then pissed on it. I couldn't help myself and laughed out loud and spooked the little guy.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Spike

Guys I am from Louisiana and I have tried quite a few them as well. I met a gentleman from Clinton La. who makes the best products on the market. His website is currenlty being built but you can read his blog on my signature.

His business has tripled every year for the past 5 years and just now putting these products on the market. He is a friend of mine and I am helping him build his business by introducing his products to the world as well as reading and learning what everyone else is doing. He has actual pics of deer eating his food and all on his blog. Check it out!! Thanks