Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do you keep all your antlers?

Old 03-19-2013, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

I keep all mine but I have a Large 10 Point my Boys had a Heart Attack me using them for Rattling.My 3 year old Granddaughter was at the place I gave her the Rack off the Largest Bodied Deer I ever killed,it was a Large 6 Point.My Boy just looked at me when I did this.She lost it to a House fire,I gave her a smaller 9 Point Rack.

I have some I should of had mounted or at least several would have.I have Racks I've cut off,mounts some not real Great but great memories.I have Throphies,just little things of my life I've put up for my Kids and Grandkids.

I have a Large Throphy for Ultimate Outdoorperson of the Year for the State.Nice and an Honor just don't know who it will go to or what it will mean when I'm gone.

Just like the picture in my Avatar my Baby Sister who was hunting with me,right after I shot a 140 inch Buck,we had so much fun.She died of Skin Cancer couple years later but I will take the memories of the hunt like yesterday to my grave.

big rockpile

Last edited by big rockpile; 03-19-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:14 AM
Spike

I keep them all. I try to only shoot deer that are mature so most of them get mounted and get hung at deer camp.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:37 AM
Dominant Buck

I keep all mine. A bunch went up on the wall at my deer camp. The camp is small and space limited even if it is just racks and skull plates. I made use of the space and small racks are inside larger ones etc. All the rest are in a big pile in the basement and someday I might do something with them. According to my wife they won't be going up in the house. When we got married 43 years ago she said I could hunt and fish as much as I want but in return she didn't like the looks of animal mounts in the house. I had a choice.....she is a great wife and has never backed out on her promise and neither have I.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

Picturesfrom my Man Cave few things I've collected.Got bunch more through the House.

big rockpile
Old 03-20-2013, 08:17 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

I have all mine and don't plan on getting rid of them. When I look at each one I can replay the whole hunt in my mind.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep. I have a pile of them, and have given some away that would make a lot of people drool.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:28 PM
Spike

I keep all of mine. Each one reminds me of a hunt. That's helpful during the off season! :-)
Old 03-20-2013, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

I've got em all
Old 03-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

Like other said, I keep all mine to remember the hunts. Each one is different. Most are hung up out in the garage. Got a few shoulder mounts, a few plaques, and a few Europeans. I've shot enough deer that now I only shoot a deer if its bigger than the last. I did take an average 10 pt this year, but he was injured and it was the last day of the season.