Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Mountain Lion Attacks Mature 160 Class Mule Deer >

Mountain Lion Attacks Mature 160 Class Mule Deer

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Mountain Lion Attacks Mature 160 Class Mule Deer

Old 12-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Spike

Default Mountain Lion Attacks Mature 160 Class Mule Deer

Got to share this for anyone who has not seen it. I watched it several times when I first saw it. If that lion can do that to a massive mule deer, imagine what it can do to a unsuspecting hunter. They have those here in Oklahoma in certain parts.

http://huntervids.com/?videos=mounta...lass-mule-deer
Old 12-12-2011, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator

Is it legal to shoot cougers Oklahoma?
I don't think I could Not shoot that couger in the head.
That thing makes a coyote look like a small mouse.
JMHO
Old 12-12-2011, 03:50 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by jrbsr
Is it legal to shoot cougers Oklahoma?
I don't think I could Not shoot that couger in the head.
That thing makes a coyote look like a small mouse.
JMHO
Pretty sure it is. I know many farmers who shoot them because they mess with their cattle.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

We hunters kill our prey much quicker and cleaner. PETA folks should watch that video, and the one of the buck and the coyotes, before they talk about hunters being cruel. I'd take a bullet in the chest before having suffocating after having my face crushed.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

I always knew their was a reason behind my not liking cats.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
We hunters kill our prey much quicker and cleaner. PETA folks should watch that video, and the one of the buck and the coyotes, before they talk about hunters being cruel. I'd take a bullet in the chest before having suffocating after having my face crushed.
+1
Totally agree..
Old 12-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Makes me want to watch my backside when hunting in Colorado for elk and mulies. I haven't seen one yet in the 6 years I have hunted there but they are always somewhere in the area.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was yote hunting when I was stationed at Ft Carson, CO one year and had one come in 40 yds behind me and circle to my front. I poped a couple rounds in the air and left the area thinking i was gonna be dinner. The scary thing about them is you never know their there until the severing your spinal cord from your brain.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

So long as this animal is the animal capable of taking down a 160 class buck there is no need to worry about taking down humans.
It's going to continue to forge and hunt and kill big game animals..
It's the old old cougars, young male cougars, and sick cougars humans have to fear..Those are the ones that will take advantage of people..But it would be a nice mounted on my wall all the same.
Actually both animals would..
Old 12-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Jeff Ovington
So long as this animal is the animal capable of taking down a 160 class buck there is no need to worry about taking down humans.
It's going to continue to forge and hunt and kill big game animals..
It's the old old cougars, young male cougars, and sick cougars humans have to fear..Those are the ones that will take advantage of people..But it would be a nice mounted on my wall all the same.
Actually both animals would..
OK so the next time I run into a Florida panthery I will ask it if it is an old old, young male or sick? IMO if eats meat I have an issue with it.

They are starting to show up on our lease. Hog numbers are way down. When you see a sow with piglets she only has 1 or 2 that is all she can protect. I wouldnt shot one on purpose but????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.