Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Missed !!

Old 12-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default Missed !!

I shot at a doe, and I missed ! The deer kept on feeding like NOTHING happened. She stood there, walked a few feet, and ate some more.

OK, ready to take another shot. Rack the bolt, and that make her wake up, and run away.

I walk down, no blood, no hair, nothing.

Might be time for shooting sticks.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

It happens! How far was the shot? What caliber you shooting? Might want to re- sight in your rifle or at least check it.
Live it up! Deerwoods Doug
Old 12-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

I changed ammo, and sighted in at 25 yards at the indoor range. Time to get out to the 100 yard range. I also started using the low recoil ammo, which I really really like. But it needs to be sighted in properly.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Spike

Like others said. If you hunt.....it's gonna happen. Does the firearm have a scope? If it does, check the rings too. Besides that, you are doing what you are supposed to by going back to the range and clearing up the matter.

I know that a miss can be frustrating, but I would rather miss totally than make a bad hit and wound one and never find it. Like the Ol' saying goes " A MISS IS AS GOOD AS A MILE."
Old 12-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Spike

I was shooting at a doe at about 310 yards and missed twice reloaded for the third shot when something told me to turn my scope up to 9. I steadied the gun for the third shot and dropped her in her tracks! Its amazing what it will do if you use all of the tools in the tool box! Variable power scopes are variable power for a reason.....