Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hang On

Old 11-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Spike

Default Hang On

Been hunting seriously for three years. Learning from my dad who has been hunting all his life. He is a little up in age now and says he has no use for hang on stands anymore. All he uses is tripods and ladder stands. I am 6'4 210lbs. I had some nice hang on stands an older gentleman made for me but they were both stolen. I recently came upon some new property. The property only has one road and it is some pretty thick stuff. I have many decent bucks on camera and I want to put some new stands up. What I want to know is if they make hang ons that are bigger than what I see when I do a general search. I want to find one with a shooting rail that isnt at my waist when I sit. I think if I found some good ones my dad would be willing to use them again. I know i'm rambling but any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

perhaps he may like a climbing treestand. extreme comfort, shooting rail, and mobility, take it with you and never have one stolen again.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really enjoy the ease of climbing straight into a pre-hung chain on type stand or a ladder stand. However, my success has increased since I started using a climbing stand. IMO, the climber is so much more comfortable and allows me to sit longer and more importantly sit still.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Fork Horn

you can get anything if you are willing to pay for it my friend ha... they make some pretty big lock on stands but they can get a lil pricy when your trying to buy more than one.. heck they can get pricey getting just one.. Millineum makes good lock-ons, i believe i even saw a double seated lockon in their stuff. Im still only 20 and i love the climbers myself but for an older gentleman it can be pretty difficult climibing like that and i can deffinately see where he would prefer ladders and tripods... there arent a whole lot of situations where these wont work and only a lock on will..