Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

wi gun season

Old 11-21-2011, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default wi gun season

wisconsin gun opener was slow by me didnt see my first deer till 9 am and i saw more deer on saterday from 9 to 2 than any other time that day and that night i shot a doe and hit it twice found good blood so i tracked it and jumped it up 3 times till it finaly went into the neighbors and that was last i saw of it
Old 11-28-2011, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

thanksgiving night i had a 6 does and fawns was about to pull the trigger on a big deer till i saw nubs then a bigger deer came out and put a quatering away shot in the back of the ribs and it droped down into the heart and only went 20 yds anybody else in wisconsin have any luck
Old 11-28-2011, 06:53 AM
Spike

Overall, it was an okay season...didn't see a lot of deer...enjoyed getting out there and communing with stillness of the woods the best...and hunting with cousins and brothers...hope to go back for antlerless hunt in 2nd week of December again...
Old 11-28-2011, 08:04 AM
Spike

It was a pretty good season for me overall. Saw a buck 8am opening morning with no shot, stuck it out and had 2 fawns and a doe come in at 3pm. Got a quartering towards me shot and she piled up about 50 yards away. I was up by Minocqua, WI so it was snowing just over an inch an hour. I wanted to hunt that last hour and a half or so to try and get another deer. Long story short it was too dark to find her, found her the next morning easily. Excited for the doe hunt next week!!!
Old 11-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

I had a bad week due to the wind but we got a couple nice ones near my stand.
Attached Thumbnails wi gun season-rogers2a.jpg   wi gun season-rogers3a.jpg   wi gun season-garirits1a.jpg