Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

just bought trail camera $85

Old 08-23-2003, 08:48 AM

Default RE: just bought trail camera $85

Stealth cam from " the" mart took its first roll with no problems. Best 70 bucks I have spent this year.
Old 08-23-2003, 10:22 AM

I have a friend that just bought one and got several nice picture on the first roll, several pic' s with nothing in the picture.........then on the second roll, the camera hasn' t taken any more pictures. The corn was gone and had a ton of tracks there but no pic' s. I told him to replace the batteries, he said that if the camera goes through batteries that quick (1 roll) then he would get another camera.
Old 08-23-2003, 10:25 AM

I own the Non-Typical Deer Cam DC100 and love it.......but I guess for the money the Stealth Cam is pretty decent.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:14 PM

I bought two of the Stealth cams and I must tell you, that these things are a great bang for the buck.

I have gotten two rolls back, one roll I took out earlier just because I was relocating the camera and wanted a full roll.

So far, I have only had a few pics with nothing in them, and that is because I had the camera set to take two pictures in a row. I would get pics of a doe, then the next pic would be empty because the deer ran away.

The picture quality is very very good, even at night. No flash wash out pics to date.

I have already gotten several pictures of bucks. The most recent of a small 6 point.

That is another thing, I have the cameras set with 40 pounds of corn in front of them, and all I have gotten pictures of is deer.

Time will tell how these end up, but, as of now (2 weeks), they are going strong. The battery light hasn' t went off, so the batteries are still good.

The camera is easy to set-up, and the front display is nice as you don' t have to open the camera to see how many pics were taken. It also has a feature where it will count events up to 99 even after the film is done.

Setting up the functions is very easy.

Old 08-26-2003, 08:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Jason,

Where did you get yours at? I checked walmart.com but it seems that they only have the Moultrie cam and not the Stealth cam listed. I think I would like to pick one up and use it before deer season.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:21 PM

Hey Frank,

I got both of mine at my local Wal-Mart. $64.95 each! I am trying to get ahold of my best friend to see if he wants to go check on my other cam. It is on his uncles property and I don' t want to go over there without him. Hopefully I can get ahold of him and get the pics developed tonight (as the camera should be done), but, it doesn' t look like it is gonna happen! [:' (]

Check your local Wal-Mart. Most all of the Wal-Marts around here have them, and they have a good supply of them. These things have been selling like hot-cakes this year, while the new " camo" Moultire Game Cam has been selling like 71 Ford Pinto' s O guess people realized that those cameras are junk!
Old 08-29-2003, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

my stealth cam rocks! i have so far used it on 3 rolls of film leaving it out a week at a clip with 24 pictures at a roll with still the same batteries. pictures are good quality with 200 speed kodak film . i just looked at my cabelas catalog and chuckled when i saw the page with trail cameras costing 200$-300$ dollars. what a purchase. im setting mine up in one last area then i will pull it out of the woods because the season starts for me at the end of september so i want the deer to calm back down althou i dont think its mattering much. what a neat tool. im setting mine up on the tree slightly under my waist level and im about 6 foot tall if this helps anyone. any higher for me tends to chop the deer off a bit. ive also added removable camo tape just cause it looks cool. cant really lock it to the tree all that great but where i hunt im the only one out there scouting this early.