Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any consensus?

Old 11-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Typical Buck

Question Any consensus?

Firearms season opens here next Saturday. The neighbor (retired NYPD) a few hundred yard away, decided to sight in today squeezing off @ 400 rounds in his backyard; a fairly rural area but there are a good number of homes in close proximity.

Personally, I try to keep my shooting to 50 rounds or less per session out of consideration for everyone around.

I feel today was excessive & obnoxious, pretty fairly ignorant overall-to put it nicely.
Maybe I'm just being a crybaby-what do you think?
Old 11-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

Nothing personal but I think you are being a little bit of a cry baby. I know when I am sighting in rifles I do all of mine at the same time, because it is often my only opportunity to do so. Rarely is the wind down enough for me to sight in to my liking on days when I have time to sight in, so I have to capitalize on the opportunity and generally put a lot of rounds down range. And if my neighbors can have dogs that bark all night long at the wind then I can go out and shoot how ever much I please during the day.
That is just my opinion of course.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry double post.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by westtexducks
Sorry double post.
So I'm 2x the crybaby?

I wouldn't mind so much but we have 2 ranges, both ridiculously inexpensive to join, within 5 miles of us -it's a small town. When my friends and I want to put a lot of rounds downrange, we all go there.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

I think you're being a "cry baby". No apology, you asked for my opinion. Part of being a U.S. Citizen, an important part too. I shoot nearly daily at my house. Went for 296 days once shooting something every single day. It's part of my life. Some people shoot hoops, I step out onto the range. Now, I live in the sticks, I get no complaints. But, I wouldn't complain if my neighbor was the one shooting. As long as it is daylight hours, have at it.
-Jake
Old 11-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Spike

I'd go over and shoot with him!!
Old 11-14-2011, 01:19 AM
Fork Horn

Dude, it's his property, so long as there are no ordinances about shooting that much, he's in the right (however much that may seem to suck to you). Around here it constantly sounds like a war zone before and during hunting season. It's just something you'll have to either get used to. I'm sure it's not bothering him a bit. So why should it bother you? What another man eats doesn't make you fat...