Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

stick with me

Old 11-01-2011, 04:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default stick with me

ok fellas, stick with me on this! have any of you tried using your wifes used lady sticks for lures? My doe is coming into heat right in time and im thinking of trying it out! Figured worse case scenario I use it on state land and scare all the other hunters out of there! haha
Old 11-01-2011, 04:59 AM
Typical Buck

Heard of it, never have tried it, never will
Old 11-01-2011, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

I'm with buckstomper....plus I think my wife would kill me!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

You just know some dad is going to have some explaining to do to his 10 yr old when they find that hanging from a tree.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

hahaha westtex is absolutely right. Interesting idea but if bucks are anything like me id run away when i know its that time of the month!!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Absolutely. They are sterile (i.e. odorless), wick up the estrous/buck pee/whatever like a champ, and are a TON cheaper than those scent wicks they sell in the hunting section. I take a bunch of ‘em out of their packaging at a time, pre-tie a loop on the end of each string (to hang on a tree limb), and put them in ziplock bag until I’m ready to use them. Just be sure you “borrow” the light variety since they are so absorbent.

Last time I checked, my ‘nads were still intact and as hairy as ever after using the “lady sticks” in the woods. You people need to stop being freaked out by something so stupid.

Wait...sussexhunter....are you talking about using a used ladystick? If so, I'm with the other fellas here. NO WAY IN HELL!!
Old 11-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Typical Buck

What Really,Really. Sad part is your serious. I have had someone ask me that before and I told him different strokes for different folks. Wouldn't catch me handling a used lady stick, or even thinking about it.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Other than on boards like this, I have never heard of anyone using them.

However, I do know of at least 2 hunters that swear by taking their wives with them into the woods during "that time"........
Old 11-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here we go again . This topic comes around now and then. Always some funny responses.
I wouldn't use them just to nasty to carry around.
W
One dude would put them in the freezer and take them out when he went hunting.
Not catching me eating at his house.
Or you can use lots of them on one tree, kind of a Christmas tree with storage ornaments LOL
Old 11-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

I attribute the fact that my wife sees bigger bucks than me to the fact shes is normally in cycle with the does in our area...