Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Can i get some opinions on this map. >

Can i get some opinions on this map.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Can i get some opinions on this map.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

Default Can i get some opinions on this map.

Any ideas how I could go about hunting this spot,I dont want to hunt the big willow patch I want to hunt the levee there is a large funnel that runs all the way down the levee to please see map and give me any of your ideas.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

Also right now I have a perfect wind blowing right to the willows away from the bedding area.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

I would set up in the hardwoods around marker 7. Away from the Road and other hunters. That is if I could get in there without being detected. If its too exposed I would be on the very corner next to the road. The secret is to just be out there.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:36 PM
Spike

Walk the hardwoods, find the ones currently dropping mast, if you cant find any set up around 7 or a little deeper in the hardwoods behind it. The deer love walking natural wood lines like that one created by different aged trees. Pay close attention to the times and locations others see deer. If you suddenly see one hunter hunting more often or arriving earlier, he has seen something big. Keep an eye on him.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah they are coming out the cattails and runing the grass levee by the hardwoods a few good oak trees but they seem to be working on hot females right now,Jeff I havent seen any other hunters hunting this spot and I hope I dont I have seen numerous deer tho shot a decent buck but lost him and saw 2 more giants tonight racks wasnt huge but there bodies was big lots of meat.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

blackhawk with the chasing going on I agree with the other guys set up on the fringe of the hardwoods, keep the wind to your face and put in the time.