Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Starting your hunt after sunrise >

Starting your hunt after sunrise

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Starting your hunt after sunrise

Old 10-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

I would hunt it! I see more deer during the later hours of the morning than I do the early morning, unless I'm hunting a field it seems. If hunting a field they seem to be out earlier. But he should have good luck hunting the hours he can, and it beats not hunting, that's for sure.
-Jake
Old 10-19-2011, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

once time change and colder weather set's in I don't do pre dawn stand arrival. I have as well seen and shot some nice ones mid day. my main reason is once it's below 35 I am hurting bad by sunrise, I have neck issues. So I wait till sunrise and creep way back in the woods and sit the rest of the day.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt anytime I can. I have killed some when not evening going to the woods until after10. One hunt I remember I got the deer on the way in. It was the shortest hunt ever. It lasted 10 minutes. I would go hunt from the time I dropped the kids off until it was time to pick them up. You can't get them at home thats for sure. good luck
Old 10-19-2011, 09:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great idea to hunt!

There's a new idea to sleep in/wake up late, and start your hunt around 10am, instead of waking up early, hunting that 6am-10am, going in for lunch and a nap, and then back out to hunt the evening around 3pm-7pm,

This idea caught my attention, and I may try it sometime, ie hunt from 10am - dusk,

of course hunting from dawn to dusk is best, but in the real world...hunting midday and evening without being tired from lack of sleep sounds like an idea worth considering.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigDaddy12t
I would go whenever he can.
Me too, if I was him.

Sounds like he's looking for a reason not to hunt.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deer don't care when you shoot them.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:20 AM
Typical Buck

If he has time, and wants to hunt, then he should without a doubt get in a tree no matter what time of the day it is!
Old 10-20-2011, 06:22 AM
Typical Buck

If you are dropping your kids off at school always be aware of the laws pertaining to weapons in school zones. Would hate to see some one get into trouble because they wanted to take thier children to school and then go hunting right away. School people get real nasty if they even think their is a weapon in that zone. Also something to think about if you are leaving the woods and going directly to pick up your children.

I would go when I had the time and see what happens. You can't bag one while sitting in a house or business now can you?
Old 10-20-2011, 06:32 AM
Spike

Thumbs up late morning

First of all vapahunter makes a great point!

Secondly, to answer your question absolutely, if he wants to enjoy time in the woods then go.

I spent years working a pre-load for a certain brown truck company and vacation was based on seniority, and I didn't have much at the beginning. Hence, I was getting out of work at 8:30 A.M. daily, and just because it was driving me crazy not to hunt I started heading out after work.

I ended up realizing this is one of the better times to hunt and not just during the rut and after full moons. I had great success bowhunting from 10-2.

I enjoy it greatly because you are almost always alone, and there are never worries about low light when your shooting chance arrives!

tell him to give it a whirl.

later,

CS
Old 10-20-2011, 09:48 AM
Typical Buck

The last 3 deer I got were at 10:30, 11:15, and 2:00. They move all day during the rut, they move all day when other hunters are pushing them, they move all day when a front is coming in -- or leaving. They move all day for a lot of reasons. I'd hunt if I were him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.