Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Pre Rut is happening Now in NE OHIO >

Pre Rut is happening Now in NE OHIO

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Pre Rut is happening Now in NE OHIO

Old 10-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Spike

Default Pre Rut is happening Now in NE OHIO

Bucks chasing does the last two days here in Ohio. 2 doe so far in the freezer... no shooter bucks seen yet, time to let the does go by and wait for Mr Big....early am and late pm as usual, no activity yet during the mid day At least thats whats happening in my neck of the woods !
Old 10-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Is the Tiger season

still open in Ohio, next week?
Old 10-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

Happening here in NW ohio as well. Shot a buck following a doe last night... Its crazy to think about
Old 10-19-2011, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

Happening here in NE NC as well, almost shot a big 6 cause he chased a nice fat doe I was getting ready to pull the trigger on. At that peticular moment I figured we would be holding fire on the does for a while.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Spike

Bow season in Ohio is a long season, we can hunt fron end of Sept till Feb 5 ...I f I have to go out with a gun its cuz I had a bad archery season or the big buck i wanted was never in range or offered a shot....We can still go out after gun season and still try to fill the freezer!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by buckeye guy
Bucks chasing does the last two days here in Ohio. 2 doe so far in the freezer... no shooter bucks seen yet, time to let the does go by and wait for Mr Big....early am and late pm as usual, no activity yet during the mid day At least thats whats happening in my neck of the woods !

Chasing occuring here in central New York, for a couple weeks now.
Heading over to the farm we hunt tommorrow afternoon, and pretty much the rest of the weekend.
Does/fawns are coming to the beans like clockwork, in the evening.
Seeing small bucks along with them, but nothing of size..........yet.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

Just noticed rub's in my SE area. Have not seen any chasing but there are dead Doe's along the I-275 beltway.

CVG Ohio