Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

an old friend

Old 10-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Spike

Default an old friend

I know this dont belong here and Im sure it will probably get moved but I just wanted to share with all of you that the world lost a great Hunter, Fisherman, Friend and Neighbor last night. Mike was the kinda neighbor you dont find often anymore. When I first moved here he invited me to go fishin with him at a local lake and taught me a thing or two about catfish. I swear this man could catch them at a rate of 100/1 over me...He was the kind of man that rented a backhoe and bulldozer and dug a small perfectly balanced pond in his backyard for his granddaughter and my baby girl to fish in. In late summer and fall we would spend hours together watching and hunting deer. Holidays he always would have a Boston Butt on the Grill....I know Im going to miss him terribly, Ill miss the conversations wed have over the fence, the hours we spent on the lake. It pains me to no end that he is gone. Im glad that about 2 weeks ago he saw my daughter catch her first fish in his pond that he worked so hard on. This season will not be the same without him. If you have someone that your close to, dont take them for granted. Tomorrow is not promised. God Bless you Mikey
Old 10-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. He truley seems like the kind of guy that everyone here on HNI would love and enjoy hanging out with. Just keep him in your thoughts and continue to hunt and fish in memory of him. I for one don't think you have to worry about your post being moved. A story like this deserves to be seen by anyone who views this thread. Take care and remember to share your stories about Mike with your daughter and others close to you.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know exactly what you are dealing with. One of my best friends and hunting buddies died suddenly of acute Myeloid (Sp?) Leukemia this past summer. After the initial hurt subsided, I took stock of the whole picture and came away with similar to what you have expressed .... being very thankful that our two paths crossed.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cherish that friendship,it sounds like it was a rare and good one.