HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - an old friend
Thread: an old friend
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 05:54 PM
oaktree30
Spike

Default an old friend

I know this dont belong here and Im sure it will probably get moved but I just wanted to share with all of you that the world lost a great Hunter, Fisherman, Friend and Neighbor last night. Mike was the kinda neighbor you dont find often anymore. When I first moved here he invited me to go fishin with him at a local lake and taught me a thing or two about catfish. I swear this man could catch them at a rate of 100/1 over me...He was the kind of man that rented a backhoe and bulldozer and dug a small perfectly balanced pond in his backyard for his granddaughter and my baby girl to fish in. In late summer and fall we would spend hours together watching and hunting deer. Holidays he always would have a Boston Butt on the Grill....I know Im going to miss him terribly, Ill miss the conversations wed have over the fence, the hours we spent on the lake. It pains me to no end that he is gone. Im glad that about 2 weeks ago he saw my daughter catch her first fish in his pond that he worked so hard on. This season will not be the same without him. If you have someone that your close to, dont take them for granted. Tomorrow is not promised. God Bless you Mikey