Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
When you buy a hunting product... >

When you buy a hunting product...

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: When you buy a hunting product do you
Buy the Best
28.57%
Buy the Cheapest
14.29%
Buy Something because of ads
0%
Buy something recommended
48.57%
Buy name brand only
8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

When you buy a hunting product...

Old 10-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

I buy the Best I can find, at the Cheapest price I can buy it for.

JMHO
Old 10-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Spike

I try to limit my hunting purchases to only the things I need.
I go midgrade and take care of it.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Seems to be the marketing research flavor of the month.

Most of it isn't worth half what it costs and to prove it the resale stinks. Guns have always done well but everything else loses value quickly. Most hunting equipment is a poor investment save one, the insecurity of the hunter, that is a gold mine. That product will pay X3 as much for something, suffer some of the worst CS and defend at great lengths the product that makes their life more difficult instead of easier, the whisker biscuit being one of them. You must buy more products just to use it when it claims the end of worries. To top it off it's a tiny broom that sells for 40 bucks. I don't think I've seen a broom that sells for 40 bucks and brooms not only need nothing more but many people earn a living with them.

The list goes on and on.

I don't buy stupid, I might buy the product, but only after stupid buys it at retail first. Bow sites are at the top of my list of, you've got to be kidding me, it does nothing to kill an animal. Nothing but an iron site that some company's like SP HG get hunters to pay glass prices. Can't be 5 bucks in product in it and no liability issues at all yet many cost as much or more than a stand with huge liability issues.

Guy pays 150 bucks for arrows and heads and must check them over to see if they'll fly true and they often don't, that's insane. Yet the hunter not only doesn't have a problem with it, but will defend it. Gold mine I tell ya.

Best product out there for the money is the umbrella. Best 20 bucks you'll ever spend.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by nodog
Seems to be the marketing research flavor of the month.

Most of it isn't worth half what it costs and to prove it the resale stinks. Guns have always done well but everything else loses value quickly. Most hunting equipment is a poor investment save one, the insecurity of the hunter, that is a gold mine. That product will pay X3 as much for something, suffer some of the worst CS and defend at great lengths the product that makes their life more difficult instead of easier, the whisker biscuit being one of them. You must buy more products just to use it when it claims the end of worries. To top it off it's a tiny broom that sells for 40 bucks. I don't think I've seen a broom that sells for 40 bucks and brooms not only need nothing more but many people earn a living with them.

The list goes on and on.

I don't buy stupid, I might buy the product, but only after stupid buys it at retail first. Bow sites are at the top of my list of, you've got to be kidding me, it does nothing to kill an animal. Nothing but an iron site that some company's like SP HG get hunters to pay glass prices. Can't be 5 bucks in product in it and no liability issues at all yet many cost as much or more than a stand with huge liability issues.

Guy pays 150 bucks for arrows and heads and must check them over to see if they'll fly true and they often don't, that's insane. Yet the hunter not only doesn't have a problem with it, but will defend it. Gold mine I tell ya.

Best product out there for the money is the umbrella. Best 20 bucks you'll ever spend.
Great post! Gotta Love it!
Live it up! Deerwoods Doug
Old 10-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Fork Horn

I can't vote,

I buy what I want, I research and buy what I feel is the best value for the dollar while performing the job I want it to do. Not always the best money can buy nor the cheapest piece of turd you can find. I have been that route buy the cheapest you can find and you replace it twice.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Night Crawler
I can't vote,

I buy what I want, I research and buy what I feel is the best value for the dollar while performing the job I want it to do. Not always the best money can buy nor the cheapest piece of turd you can find. I have been that route buy the cheapest you can find and you replace it twice.
Ok, what product is priced at it's worth and worth it's price? The umbrella is about the only one I can think of. People can charge what they want as long as they are free to do so. They limit their time if they believe they can do it without consequences. Very few products reflect that law, and it is a law of life. What products reflect in their price a debt to freedom?
Old 10-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think we all would like to pay less, for what we feel is a good buy at current market price.

Let's face it; a loaf of bread isn't 25 cents anymore either.

BTW - I like a bargin as much as the next guy !

Buy it once !!!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just depends on what I'm shopping for.