Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Lab Lab

Old 08-11-2003, 12:02 PM

Default Lab Lab

Pops & I planted " Lab Lab" again for our spring/summer food plots here in the deep south. They say with Lab Lab the first year the deer are a little skeptical, but the second year they tear it up. Tear it up they did indeed. They nipped every bit of it off with a quickness.

Next year we will plant all spring/summer plots with the Lab Lab. Good protein & the deer eat it silly.

I highly recommend it.

Old 08-11-2003, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lab Lab

We planted lab lab plus at the farm we hunt this year , and also bio logic. It seemed to help alot , normally we would see a few small 8 pointers a year and the rest 6' s and smaller. But this year they are all nice buck. We are thinking of putting out full draw or something for the fall/ winter . That will help fatten them up for when we pack em tight into the freezer. But i never heard that the deer are skeptical of the Plot the first year. Ill keep this in mind and well be out there puttin down seed next spring.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:28 PM

Default RE: Lab Lab

Back in April we planted 4 plots with Lab Lab. It got up to about waist high before the deer hit it and did they hit it! Within about 6 or 7 weeks every leaf was eaten off. This was our first year planting it. Next month we' re going to replant it and mix in some oates. The Lab Lab will die after the first freeze but the oates should take over from there.