Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: Which of these common practices do you consider cheating?
Bait, corn, salt blocks, etc
24.39%
Game Cameras
1.22%
Cover Scent
0%
All of the them
1.22%
None of them
74.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

WHICH one is cheating?

Old 09-14-2011, 04:32 AM
Spike

Default WHICH one is cheating?

Ive seen where people are arguing about cameras, bait, cover scents etc? While agree if one of these practices offends you then they all should. How do you feel?
Old 09-14-2011, 05:18 AM
Fork Horn

If they are legal then none of them are cheating. Cheating is defined as breaking a rule or law to gain an advantage in whatever it is you may be doing so my opinion is if its legal its not cheating.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

We all cheat...

As soon as stone points were used, man was cheating...He was using his brain as well as his brawn to kill for food...

I don't concern myself as to how others hunt, neither do I let others influence my decisions...It's best to ignore some, why argue with someone you know nothing about and they know nothing about you????
Old 09-14-2011, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by thunderchicken217
if they are legal then none of them are cheating. Cheating is defined as breaking a rule or law to gain an advantage in whatever it is you may be doing so my opinion is if its legal its not cheating.

amen!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Thunderchicken217
If they are legal then none of them are cheating. Cheating is defined as breaking a rule or law to gain an advantage in whatever it is you may be doing so my opinion is if its legal its not cheating.
Amen! The only way that you aren't going to cheat is if you run it down on foot, tackle it and throttle it with only what the good Lord gave you, hands and teeth.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

as Thunder said and others agreed, if it is legal, then it is not legally cheating. Many ppl like to get into the ethical argument about these things, but who cares. Most of us are not still living in the Stone Age, and with the progression of time has come new technologies. Why not use them. And if someone thinks our Neanderthal brethren didn't hide behind a rock to ambush their pray, or ambush them over a nice grassy patch as they came to eat, they are sadly mistaken. Back in that day, cover scent was probably as simple as rolling in the mud.

I am opposed to none of the options you have listed if they are legal. I also added that option to your poll.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

Who tells another man or woman how they have to hunt? Who cares as long as it's legal. In this country we are all free to pursue life however we wish to live it. Some people need to take the next step.... off their high horse. Worry about yourself and follow the law and do what makes YOU happy!
Live it up! Doug
Old 09-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by redgreen
Amen! The only way that you aren't going to cheat is if you run it down on foot, tackle it and throttle it with only what the good Lord gave you, hands and teeth.
I asked if I could do that... the DNR guy kinda looked at me funny; especially when I flashed my incisors at him and hissed.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Is hunting in a area where acorns are on the ground cheating, next to a field of crops or a water source ???
Old 09-14-2011, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I baited where I hunt in PA, it would be considered cheating. I would get a big fine and lose my hunting license. So, it's cheating where I hunt. None of the other things are illegal where I hunt.

If you can legally bait, then it's not cheating where it's legal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.