Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New to the site!!

Old 08-11-2003, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New to the site!!

Welcom to the board split hoof.
Enjoy yourself on here,I was wondering about that six foot rub though,I was thinking more of a moose myself,I guesse Cause I' ve never seen a rub that high,
But anyway welcome aboard.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:53 PM

Split hoof,

WELCOME!

It' s nice to see new members.

Jred
Old 08-11-2003, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome Split Hoof glad to have you aboard
its great here,hunt hard hunt safe just hunt!!
Old 08-12-2003, 07:06 AM

Welcome Splithoof and enjoy your stay!!!!
Old 08-12-2003, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

WELCOME...
Old 08-12-2003, 10:05 AM

Welcome
Old 08-12-2003, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice to meet you.
Good resources here.

I look forward to reading more of your posts.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:00 PM

Thanks for all the replies everyone!! Yup those weights are indeed field dressed. Can' t say for sure if the buck I speak of will top 300, but I' ll bet he wouldn' t be far from it. The rubs are most definitely from a deer - we spooked him away in the pre-dawn while he was making them, and got a brief look at his massive body as he bounded away.His tracks as well as his rubs could easily make someone think it was actually a moose! Bucks that dress over 300 pounds are fairly rare, and they are surely hard ones to get a shot at!! They do exist though..... in fact I believe the state record is over 350 pounds (if not I know it' s close). Some impressive racks have been coming out of the north woods also. Two years ago I had the privelege to see the Marquis buck (do a search on it, it' s impressive!!) up close and personal. The main beams are too thick for a full grown man to wrap his hands around them!! Not sure what it scored, but it was one monstrous non-typical.....weighing in at 265 pounds field dressed.

Oh yeah...... I hunt mostly with an old 30-.06 FN that was custom made in Belgium for King Leupold (no joke!). I also like the late season muzzleloader season, and have taken one nice 200 pound eight pointer with my smokepole. Traditional archery interests me a lot and I would like to get a new bow and do some practicing, so maybe I could do some bow hunting next year.

Thanks for the welcome everyone and good luck this year!!
Old 08-12-2003, 06:29 PM
Matriarch Doe!

Welcome to the board, Split-Hoof!
Old 08-12-2003, 06:36 PM

For those who are interested, www.bigbuckclub.com has a picture of the Marquis buck as well as pictures and stories of other impressive Maine bucks.

With lots of work and lots of luck I am hoping for a close encounter with the buck of my dreams this fall!!

Quick Reply: New to the site!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.