Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Kifaru Lumbar Pack as my Whitetail PAck >

Kifaru Lumbar Pack as my Whitetail PAck

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Kifaru Lumbar Pack as my Whitetail PAck

Old 08-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Spike

Default Kifaru Lumbar Pack as my Whitetail PAck

Im excited to be using this set up this year. Last year my "fanny pack" was too small.

I really love the waste pack because in the tree I wear it in front for easy access, and primarily as a bow rest!! Where I am its WAY brushy and if you wait until you see a deer to get your bow your too late. When light breaks I have bow in hand, and clipped in to draw. This minimizes my movements necessary to reach a draw and eases my confidence so its worth the minimal effort to me. I just hold bow vertical and let the pack bear the weight.

Here is my set up so far.

Tailgunner 1 with a Mil-Spec Monkey / Tactical Taylor "Stealth" Admin Pouch on my "Right Side" when worn.

The Admin pouch will hold my tags and other paperwork I may need like area map if needed. So far I have in this pouch my extra wind bottle, flashlight, doe can and small deer call.

Im sure smaller items will find there way in here as well to keep my main bag clutter free. If for some reason I need more room I have a stash it or 2 qt pouch waiting to be needed

The main bag right now doesn't have that much really.

Top mesh under lid pocket = Spare Bow Release and knife
Back drop in pocket has a folding saw, and spare bow hanger
Other Mesh Pocket has latex gloves and handy wipes
The Inside WILL HAVE my pull up rope, mask, gloves, hat, 12oz of water, snack bars, camera, and small tripod.

What I really like about this lumbar pack is that it is small but can hold over 2 times the amount that I carried last season. That should make a far more organized and "take if needed" situation. I plan on rigging a couple of shock cords someplace to walk in my heavier outer wear in the cold season.

And now the broad-head flight test.......

Looks good to me