Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Hunt Clubs and Trail Cams - Sharing info Poll >

Hunt Clubs and Trail Cams - Sharing info Poll

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: What do you share?
I don't show or ask anything, the less they know the better.
0%
I let them share what they know but I dont share back.
0%
I share certain pictures, where they can't pinpoint an area or time.
28.57%
We share all pictures so we know what we are hunting.
57.14%
Nothing good can come of sharing. Potential for overhunting an area.
14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Hunt Clubs and Trail Cams - Sharing info Poll

Old 08-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hunt Clubs and Trail Cams - Sharing info Poll

Were all hunters here and as such none of us can be trusted...but....

I hunt on several leases with the same bunch of guys 600-1000 acres total and around 7-10 guys. In the past I was the only one with a trail camera out and I kept pictures and info to myself. This year several members have bought cameras and have them out.

On your on hunting lands do you share pictures with people who hunt the same land?

On one hand it could keep smaller bucks alive, but it could also alert all the other club members where and when to hunt. I'm attaching some example bucks from a pictures I got a week or so ago.

Just curious for your feedback.

I'm making this a poll so you can be honest.....

Feel free to post your input.
Attached Thumbnails Hunt Clubs and Trail Cams - Sharing info Poll-example-buck2.jpg   Hunt Clubs and Trail Cams - Sharing info Poll-examplebuck3.jpg   Hunt Clubs and Trail Cams - Sharing info Poll-example-buck.jpg   Hunt Clubs and Trail Cams - Sharing info Poll-examplebuck4.jpg  

Last edited by 95Harley; 08-21-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Spike

I hunt with mainly family but a few other hunters that I really don't know were invited into the group. I share everything, but then again I'm someone who enjoys seeing other people in the group have success as well...Although I'm the only one who bow hunts so I get a two month head start on everyone to seal the deal. This also gives me a chance to scout things out to hopfully help improve my younger cousin's chances of seeing deer and getting a chance at a big one and having fun.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

we hunt a lease with around 20 people or so... there is a group of us tht have been hunting together for yrs that i will share pics and info with but not the other 14 or 15... Not that i dont want them to have success, but as a college student i only get to hunt so much and i do WAY more scouting than most anybody else in the club i dont to show up one day to find that somebody else has killed a deer im after by usin the info i have gave him...