Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Mr. Whitetail

Old 08-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

Hatch I agree the older you get the more you look for the the easier way no doubt. The Benoits have several books out and at least 2-3 videos. They are very very good. And you are right they all use 30-06 Rem. model 760's. They used to hunt mostly with just peep sights but father time and a tech. have them using Triijicon scopes. Larry the father is in his 80's and the way it sounds doesn't hunt much but still makes homemade knives that are very collectable. I also read were they have a tracking school that you can attend in New Brunswick. I'm sure this stuff can all be found they have a web site if you google their name . Sorry to have hijacked this thread but I too feel that to much credit is givin to those how really don't deserve it. But the Benoits are the real real deal.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Actually I believe one of them uses a .270...
Old 08-14-2011, 01:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gonewest
Hatch I agree the older you get the more you look for the the easier way no doubt. The Benoits have several books out and at least 2-3 videos. They are very very good. And you are right they all use 30-06 Rem. model 760's. They used to hunt mostly with just peep sights but father time and a tech. have them using Triijicon scopes. Larry the father is in his 80's and the way it sounds doesn't hunt much but still makes homemade knives that are very collectable. I also read were they have a tracking school that you can attend in New Brunswick. I'm sure this stuff can all be found they have a web site if you google their name . Sorry to have hijacked this thread but I too feel that to much credit is givin to those how really don't deserve it. But the Benoits are the real real deal.
I agree! Anyone that can handle seeing a monster buck can make the shot! Hell turn me loose on them bad boys and ill make some top names in the industry look like rookies!
Old 08-14-2011, 06:56 AM
Fork Horn

May I ask the OP where it's written that scent spray must be used or that blinds have to be brushed in to kill a deer? Weishun prefers to hunt with handguns almost exclusively and that's his choice. I'm not defending him or his tactics but I think many people have bought into the notion that the only way to kill a nice buck is to use certain products or to do it like some of these so called pros do it. Sir , would you even know there was a product like scent killers if you hadn't seen some "pro" hyping it on tv and if that pro killed a big buck using this stuff then we all gotta use it. I'm a hunter of 44 years and have killed many nice bucks while sitting on a stump being quiet and watching the woods. We do not need all this stuff to kill a deer. It's marketing pure and simple. Flame on.