Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

tree stand

Old 07-02-2011, 07:27 AM
Spike

Exclamation tree stand

i use a old climbing tree stand that my dad has but im thinking of saving 4 one but i dont want 2 spend 2 much on it what kind and how much do spend on it [sugestions]
Old 07-04-2011, 04:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Number one important thing to me is comfort. Then ease of climbing. What is your budget? You can look around on-line with Sportsman's Guide, Cabela's and some others and find good stands on sale, especially this time of year. Checking with friends or family that have stands you can sit in and test climb with would be a big
plus.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:37 AM
Typical Buck

The number one thing for me is quiet... L/W Cast stands are the best all around. But based on you cost comment, they are high priced. however you only buy it once. The quality will last your lifetime and be passed down..
Personally though, I use the alpha hang on and sticks that attach to the back way more than my climber just because it gets me into any tree rather than hunting for trees I spend my time hunting deer.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have an older Hunters View climbing stand and it works pretty good,the newer ones out there are lighter weight and more expensive.If You shop around You can find a good deal on one,the Ol Man climbing stands are pretty good and the better ones will be from Summit.Personaly I use more of the 1-man ladder stands,the Big Dog stands are nice and the nicest ones I have are the Rivers Edge 17 foot ladder stands!
Old 07-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Spike

I would suggest going with a fixed stand and for under $200 you can get a Muddy. Great stands. Sturdy and quite too.