Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ruger 44. Carbine/Rifle

Old 07-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Spike

Default Ruger 44. Carbine/Rifle

does anybody here use a Ruger 44. to hunt deers if so where do they sell the bullets i cant find bullets anywhere
Old 07-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Typical Buck

I have in the past, but I don't any more.

They keep the .44 ammo with the handgun ammo. Just ask where to find the handgun ammo and you will see the options available. All of the gun stores should have some .44 ammo available seeing as it's still a pretty popular round.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Spike

alright thanks im going to wally world today for a deer feeder ill take a look
Old 07-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Look at, cheaper than dirt, or sportsman guide, or midway usa, or cabelas, and get the hornady 44 mag 225 grain FTX leverevolution ammo.

Quite from Hornady website,

LEVERevolution is the most exciting thing to ever happen to lever gun ammunition. Hornady, the leader in ballistic technology, brings you an innovation in ammunition performance featuring state of the industry elastomer Flex Tip Technology that is SAFE in your tubular magazine. Its higher ballistic coefficient delivers dramatically flatter trajectories for fantastic downrange energy increases and amazing bullet expansion at all ranges. It truly is an evolution in lever gun ammunition!
JMHO

jrbsr
Old 07-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by jrbsr
Look at, cheaper than dirt, or sportsman guide, or midway usa, or cabelas, and get the hornady 44 mag 225 grain FTX leverevolution ammo.

Quite from Hornady website,

JMHO

jrbsr
sorry but my 44 isnt a lever action its a semi-automatic, but ill use the other sources thanks
Old 07-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Typical Buck

It's still a good round. It's a modified hollow point ammunition with a plastic tip. The plastic tip allows it to have more of a controlled expansion than your traditional hollow point.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Sfury
It's still a good round. It's a modified hollow point ammunition with a plastic tip. The plastic tip allows it to have more of a controlled expansion than your traditional hollow point.
Could you give me a price range of those shells I'll have to take a look at them
Old 07-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Uses standard 44 mag. ammo. Cost of quality hunting ammo is about $2.00-$2.50/round. Plinker stuff about half that. In my opinion, max range is about 75-100 yards. Typical ballistics: 3" high at 50 yards = about 0 at 100. Only have experience with one of these. It was not an accurate rifle for whatever reason. About 4 MOA rifle.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Typical Buck

Here is the page on cheaperthandirt.coms website.

I can buy that ammo cheaper at my local Scheels once you add in shipping. Not much cheaper, but if I buy it there, they keep it on hand so I don't have to wait to get it. A win win situation for me.