Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

GAMECAM HELP

Old 07-26-2003, 09:32 PM
Spike

Default GAMECAM HELP

Anyone have any tips for getting good pics on a gamecam. I got a cheap one at walmart a few weeks ago moultrie game cam 2. I have got a few pics of does and one small buck. the daytime pics are blurry. Do you use anything to atract bucks in to picture range? I put a stealth cam mc2 on layaway at walmart today $65. has anyone used it? thanks
Old 07-26-2003, 09:54 PM

Default RE: GAMECAM HELP

I have a Moultrie cam ll and if you set it to where the sun shines into the lens,the pic' s will be blurrie.
make sure it is pointing to the S. or SW. SE. or just not due E. or W. or stright south.just hang it at an angle to the riseing and setting sun.

I have had mine for two years and got some great pic' s.be sure to keep good strong battries.a weak one will not take .

I put mine around a feed station to get pic' s.or on a very busy trail.Good luck.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:43 AM

I always put out about 25 pounds of shelled corn around 10 yards in front of where I set my cameras. Makes no sense, especially this time of year, to put out a camera and let deer randomly walk by. It usually takes about 4 days to fill a roll of film after I put one out, though sometimes shorter if they find it right away. I have a 5 minute delay between pictures so the camera won' t take the same deer over and over.
Once fall comes along, I' ll sometimes put them around deer scrapes. I usuallly only put them near " community" scrapes and not near one that I' m actively hunting. Just being overly cautious I suppose about upsetting a deer that I have my sights on, but mostly because I don' t need to be walking all around a big buck' s scrape during rut. I would kind of like him to not know I' m around and keep using that spot.
I use Camtrakkers and find the excitement of getting great deer pics a wonderful way to get a feel for what deer I have on my farm, as well as a great source of off-season entertainment.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:33 PM

You should go over to the bowhunting forum and check out the post on that particular model. I myself have one, and no matter what I do, I never get a solid roll of film. I' m not the only one either. Check it out and youll see what I mean.
Old 07-30-2003, 03:05 PM

I have a Moultrie Game Cam 2 and i hate it. I have had it since December and i have one picture. It takes pictures of weeds. I just sent mine back.
Old 07-30-2003, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

For all of you who ahte your game cams...check out this guy. He actually builds them for you. Actually, he sells the chip board, and gives you directions for putting them together. I' m not that handy, so he put it together for me. It cost me $170. Great pics so far.

www.fieldpix.com

His name is Steve Hamilton. I' ll try to shrink down the pics so I can post them, otheriwse they will be too big.
Old 07-30-2003, 06:02 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]