Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

$200 gamecam

Old 11-29-2004, 01:47 PM

Default $200 gamecam

I'm looking for the best I can get for $200. I realize the digital ones are more, so I guess the best 35mm I can get. I'm looking real hard at the non-typical DC-200. I need one that I can secure to a tree (I don't trust anyone). I would appreciate any input. Thanks.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: $200 gamecam

Moultrie makes a digital game camera the sells for $175 where I work. 1.3 mega pixel, and it runs on one 6V battery. Looks to be a nice camera.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:11 AM

You can't go wrong with the Non-Typical but my brother and I now wished we would have gotten the cuddeback. You will be spending alot of money getting film developed and will probabley be wishing you bought a digital too!!

Have fun- Jason
Old 12-01-2004, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had the chance to use many different game cams and IMO, the Nontypical inc., Deer Cam is the best 35mm Cams we've tried. For Digitals we've also owned a few including the Stealths, Cuddebacks, and the Leaf River unit. IMO, the Leaf River is a considerably better unit. They can now be bought for only $319 at Jesses. Check out the Bowhunting Gear Review forum here for pix and more info on all the mentioned Cams?
Old 12-02-2004, 11:05 AM

I have a DC-100 that I'm looking to sell. I'm upgrading to the Cuddeback or the Leaf river. I've had great success with Non-typical and the camera I have now. I think I might stay with them because of past experience. You won't be dissapointed with a non-typical.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:23 AM

I'm thinking I should get a digital. Cornfed, Why do you like the Leaf River better? I going to get that or the cuddeback.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:03 PM

I would like to post a vote in favor of the cuddeback! I started out with one of those cheapo stealth cams and got nothing but hearbreak. I put it out several times and every time it took roll after roll of black pics, just no luck with it. However I decided to bite the arrow and get a cuddeback and have loved everything about it. I like the security features that cuddeback has integrated into their cams, as well as the quality of the photos and the battery life. They are worth the money if you ask me.

Remember...

stealth cam [:'(]
cuddeback
Old 12-02-2004, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I liked the Cuddebacks I had and I did give them a good side by side comparison with other Digis. The Leaf River is the better unit in my opinion. I like several features better on the LR. It just has a better easier lay-out and controls. I also think the quality of the pics are a tad better. The battery life is also better by a month with the LR. Even the simple things like the CF Card removal is better on the LR. On the Cuddeback you can't reach the battery eject button with your fingers so I found myself using the padlock flange to stick in there. The LR has an easily reached and controlled CF Card slot. The Cuddeback has no external On/Off switch, instead you have to try to hold your finger over a sesor and then move you finger away as soonas the light blinks. I never could time it right. The LR features a very nice external On/Off/Test rocker swith located on the bottom of the unti. The LR features a nice LCD screen to view your pixs and you can even zoom-in right there on-screen. The only thing the LR doesn't have that the Cuddeback has is the name branding on the image. No big deal because I never used my name on the images anyway. Personally I would rather have all of the additional features on the LR. The only additional thing that I wuold suggest for the Leaf River unit is to buy a $14 MasterLock Python to secure and theft proof the unit. I honestly believe you get much more for your money from the LR unit. Of course now that jesses hunting page has them for $319 and a dude on ArcheryTalk is selling them for $325 and that includes shipping..... they just can't be beat! Cabela's has 'em for $349 and of course they back theirs with an awesome warranty. If you don't like it for ANY reason.... send it back!

Compare the features of the Leaf River with any cam out there and decide for yourself?

Features:

Camera: Digital camera gives you instant picture display on a 1.6" LCD screen. The display screen has a 1X to 4X digital zoom and gives you the option to delete unwanted pictures immediately. Select low, medium or high resolution settings: low is 1.3 megapixel, medium is 2.1 megapixel and high gives you a possible 4-megapixel resolution with the use of software interpolation. Internal 18 Mb memory stores up to 50 still pictures, and you can even choose to record three or 90-second video clips. Memory full icon.
Camera Storage Media: Uses removeable Compact Flash (CF) Cards to store pics. System will support CF card capacity up to 3 GB. Number of pics depends on card capacity.
Independant Camera Use: No, you cannot take the camera out of the unit to use.
Camera Exposure: -1.5EV to +1.5EV and is user adjustable
Camera White Balance: 5 settings of Daylight, Horizon, A Light, Office and Old Picture
Camera Wakeup Delay: 3 to 5 seconds
Outputs: TV Out connection port for viewing pictures on a TV. RCA connectors to TV
Camera Flash: Oversized flash for increased nighttime range. Flash range is 30 feet. Forced flash option if you want flash during daytime to fill in shadows
Manual picture mode: Use this to take a test pic to see what your camera sees. 10 second self timer for manual picture.
Self Picture Mode: Yes
Power Requirements: Uses 4 "D" and 3 "C" cell alkaline or rechargeable batteries
Battery Condition Indicator: Yes, 2 battery-strength icons to view battery condition of camera and sensor
Battery Life: Approximately 2 months.
Data Imprinted On Picture: Yes, day and time
Operation Settings: Choice of Day, Night or 24 hour operation
External Picture Count Observation Window: No.
Picture Delay: Can be set to take one, two or three pictures before entering adjustable pause setting (1-90 minutes). 8 Pause settings of 1, 3, 5, 10, 20, 30, 60 and 90 minutes
Event Counter: Yes, records date and time of 400 events
Detection Method: Passive infrared motion detector which is designed to detect heat in motion within a conical area. Generally speaking, the cooler the air the greater the detection distance (this characteristic is true for all passive/motion sensors).
Sensor Sensitivity: Infrared motion-detection system has a sensitivity adjustment to adjust sensor range
Waterproof: Yes, gasket sealed housing
Case: ABS plastic
Walk Test Light: Walk test LED light for set up
Display: Backlighted viewing and control display to help you see at night when setting up cam
Lock or Antitheft Capability: Steel mounting bracket and steel bar for mounting and securing the unit. User must supply lock and cable.
Sound Insulation: Not needed for digital cameras
On/Off Switch: External On/Off rocker switch
Camo: Mossy Oak Break-Up Camo
Temp range: -20 Deg. C (-4 Deg. F) to 60 Deg. C (140 Deg. F)
Size: 6 1/4" w x 7 1/2" h x 4 3/4" d
Weight: 4 lbs. 1 oz. with batteries and lock bar
Includes: USB cable for computer compatibility, RCA cable, green mounting strap, user manual and picture-editing CD-ROM software.
Warranty: 1 year parts and labor limited warranty
Old 12-02-2004, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Up until this year I had semi-decent success with the Trail Cam cameras, good success with the Deercam cameras, and horrible luck with the cheapo Stealth Cam. Then I was introduced to the CamTrakker and I have seen the light. They take, in my opinion, the best 35mm pictures of all the cameras, they're easy to operate, easy to setup, and never fail to take good pictures. I rarely have problems with only getting part of an animal in my photograph.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:33 AM

Can you view pictures in the field with the cuddeback?

Quick Reply: $200 gamecam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.