Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How old is he??

Old 02-15-2011, 02:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with most, 2 1/2.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:18 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by dpj1030
Corn and a flood plot won't make him a Monster. But I hope he gets a lil bigger and you can bust him
So you don't think if I make a food plot for him to eat on it won't help is antler growth over the years?? By the way I wasn't planning on feeding him corn this year that was what I did last year.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

this was a confirmed by teeth 2 1/2 year old...145"

Old 02-15-2011, 06:07 AM
Typical Buck

hes young eough to let go,letem go letem grow.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by vl Whitetail Genereal lv
So you don't think if I make a food plot for him to eat on it won't help is antler growth over the years?? By the way I wasn't planning on feeding him corn this year that was what I did last year.
may help some if there is limited food but here a food plot is a waste of time...1'00s of acres of corn and soybeans here...

maybe suplement feed him record rack protein feed....mix with corn to get your deer eating it...slowly go all record rack

like this

http://www.sportsmanschoicefeeds.com/scf/en/index.jsp

3 things will produce huge racks....genetic (you have)...nutrition....supplement feed record rack.....age...,.if possible let the deer get to age 4 1/2- 5 1/2...i during rifle this year got qa 4 1/2 year old
age is the most important asspect....let em grow!!

pic of my rifle deer this year

my oldest son shot this one

my youngest son shot this one5 1/2 yr. old...like 15 scorable points (lotta trash)

last year my oldest son got this one on our own ground...4 1/4 yr. old

I see your in Minn. I'm in s.e. S.D. so we pretty close....no supplemental feeding here and all the deer shot by me and mty 2 sons were on our own ground

I've met and talked with Keith Warren...he swears by record rack

live videocam at his hidden springs ranch in Texas
http://www.keithwarren.net/wildlifecam.html

Last edited by farmdude01; 02-15-2011 at 07:10 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Farmdude, I agree, age, nutrition and genetics! To me a trophy is a "better than average buck for the area that you hunt!" As for Keith Warren, he may be a Texan but, he is just another product peddling moron! Nice bucks BTW, congrats!
Old 02-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JagMagMan
Farmdude, I agree, age, nutrition and genetics! To me a trophy is a "better than average buck for the area that you hunt!" As for Keith Warren, he may be a Texan but, he is just another product peddling moron! Nice bucks BTW, congrats!

I don't appreciate your uneducated comments sir

I've seen the results Keith gets using Record rack and he has nothing to gain by any of it selling...he simply uses it religiously

like I said before...age... nutrition and genetics is the key to big bucks...Keith has to suppliment feed with the harsh Texas climate
in a dry year the deer realy need it....up her not much (if any) is needed because of a lot of corn, soybeans and alfalfa

Last edited by farmdude01; 02-15-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

yes farm dude i saw you had a post that you are close to sioux falls?? I am about 75 miles from there..Could I do the food plot and supplement feeding. During the summer I love wroking with feeding deer and checking cameras so....BTW I was planning on letting this guy go until he was older.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by vl Whitetail Genereal lv
yes farm dude i saw you had a post that you are close to sioux falls?? I am about 75 miles from there..Could I do the food plot and supplement feeding. During the summer I love wroking with feeding deer and checking cameras so....BTW I was planning on letting this guy go until he was older.
about 25 mi south I am
is the buck on your ground only or can someone else get him?
do ya own your own ground?
if these are answered no and yes then go ahead

but if the answer is yes and no I'd say save your time and money...
why build him up for someone else to shoot him ( happened a lot here...pass on good up and comer only to have someone else shoot it to early)...if ya own the ground maybe plant fast growing trees/tall grass for cover for the deer and maybe the deer will stay on your ground...lotta info as to what should be done.....as far as nutrition...your in crop country sounds like so they got plenty IMHO

Last edited by farmdude01; 02-15-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

He is on my ground on and some of the ground around..so yes it is possible for someone else to get him. In my area I have a reallly good area to hunt deer and a lot of people like to road hunt around here. This year someone was actually looking at deer on my tree line and I had to tell them to get out of there and it turns out the deer they were looking at was the 8 ponter I shot.

So I guess I do run a high risk of letting someone else shoot him but i suppose there isn't really a way to want him to hang around??

By the way I hunt in a grove at my great uncles farm place, and he isn't home very much so sometimes I find tracks in his yard and droppings right in the yard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.