Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What's your plan if you fall from your stand ? >

What's your plan if you fall from your stand ?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What's your plan if you fall from your stand ?

Old 02-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Dominant Buck

"put my head between my legs and kiss my ass good bye "

Hey..if that your attitude your drop may be much farther than 20 feet..
Old 02-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

Arrow Agreed!

Originally Posted by salukipv1
btw the 4 point harnesses are designed to not cut off circulation the way the old ones that just went under your arms were accused of doing...

and don't fall in the first place! (of course I know sh*t happens) but get yourself a quality ladder stand, big platform, arm rests, shooting rail. If you don't take it down every year, loosen those straps so the tree can grow, and snug them up before each season. or just replace them every year.

An oz. of prevention is worth a lb. of cure...
We weld up our own stands, take them down after the season for inspection and maintenance, new straps every year. Myself, I don't use a safety harness, I don't encourage it, it's just me. If I'm not in by a certain time, people know where to find me.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Typical Buck

I'm 28, not overweight, and I get great cell phone reception on my hunting land. I don't use a harness.

If I fall, I plan on hitting the ground, shaking it off, and climbing back up. If I can't shake it off, I'll walk out. If I can't walk out, I'll call someone. If Im a quadriplegic, I'll freeze.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Stonewall308
I'm 28, not overweight, and I get great cell phone reception on my hunting land. I don't use a harness.

If I fall, I plan on hitting the ground, shaking it off, and climbing back up. If I can't shake it off, I'll walk out. If I can't walk out, I'll call someone. If Im a quadriplegic, I'll freeze.
I have a wife and child that I want to come home safely to and continue to provide for. I can't afford not to wear a safety harness of some kind.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:26 AM
Dominant Buck

I have a wife and child that I want to come home safely to and continue to provide for. I can't afford not to wear a safety harness of some kind. Va huntr

Same exact reason here sir...I'm my families sole support
Old 02-04-2011, 02:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks for sharing Bro.........I really like that Rescue One!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

while hanging,grab onto the ladder and then cut off your supports.im only fifteen,and dont use a tree support.if i fall my ass will hurt but thats all.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Chuck7
Anyone ever seen or known anyone that uses one of these..Here is what I plan on getting,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFaDxFcx6Zc

I'm a little concerned that he had to hop around some to get that thing to work..trust me..when your in a situation like that..you are going to be very shakey..

i was going to suggest this but forgot the name. i was think about buying this but i havent bumped into someone that has purchased one. i had a buddy you fell out of this tree stand he was going down the ladder and fell i guess it messed him up pretty bad. but again this product looks nice.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default You mean to say

you fellas aren't ready to parachute out of those tree stands.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

I'm 50, lost 40lbs, and still won't go up in a stand. I gotta move, stretch my legs, and back. a ground blind is fine. much safer.

My concern is if I trip and fall in the woods, I'm probably screwed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.