Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

climber..

Old 12-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default climber..

What kind of climber would you recommend?

also has anyone ever used an ole man climber?
Old 12-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never used an Ole Man before. However, I have used API, Lone Wolf, store brands, and Summit. Have always came back to Summit. For me they are the best combination of safety, comfort, ease of set up/use, and portability.

Another stand you might consider would be a Treewalker. Never actually used one but have seen them at hunting shows. Look to be vey well made....and in the USA.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

I would recommend whatever type my climber is but I don't rememer tbh. I would check but its in the woods :]
Old 12-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

If money is no consideration then for sure a Summit. If your watching the cash flow then check out the Gorilla Greyback climber that Natchez has on sale until Jan 31, 2011.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

I just bought the new API climber. It's great. Light weight, quiet, comfortable and easy to use.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Summit ...light..safe and comfortable..about 300.00
Old 12-31-2010, 03:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own 3 summts, had 5 but 2 stolen........wouldn't have it any other way
Old 12-31-2010, 04:23 AM
Spike

I have (3) ol man climbers. I started out with the summit viper and couldnt stand it. I felt it was loud setting up, as well as going up the tree, but it sure was comfortable. That was about 5-6 years ago. Since then I fell in love with the ol man. They are quiet, easy to setup and break down, and they are super comfortable. The thing I love most about the ol man is with the net seat I like to sit facing the tree to give me more cover. The ol man allows you to do this with the net style seat. You can sit either way, I just prefer to sit facing the tree. Im a bigger guy so I have the original grand ol man and it treated me well. Used it so much I just ordered the facelift kit for it. Last year I bought the steel grand multivision and loved it. A little heavy but the new modifications were great. TThis year I went out and bought the pro aluminum grand multivision and its by far the greatest stand ever. Super lightweight along with everything else. Hope this helps.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Try to borrow a climber and actually sit in a tree for three or four hours to try it out. I like Summit and Buckshot, comfortable. As to the Old Man, they are the most uncomfortable stand I have ever tried, but try one yourself.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:40 PM
Typical Buck

I bought a treewalker, and while I like the stand, their customer service sucks. I bought it at a show and after I paid for it I left it there and picked it up later when leaving. I left 2 parts I needed and I called them and emailed them repeatedly and they never got back to me until I threatened to go to the shows this and tell everyone how bad their customer service sucks. Then they emailed me right back.

All in all it's light, has the webbing seat like the old man stands do and sets up easy. I sold my summit and after a year w/o a climber decided to try the treewalker. no regrets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.