Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

anyone go out today?

Old 12-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Spike

Default anyone go out today?

The weather here in central Illinois has been crap the last few days. raining on and off/warming up etc...I wasn't going to go at all. Around 1 this afternoon I decided to get ready and head out. I got to my spot around 2 and soon as I sat down the wind just started blowing like crazy. I didn't realize how windy it was until I actually sat down. Stayed for a few hours and didn't hear anything, but branches breaking off trees from the wind. I ended up pulling out my phone to check the wind speeds. They were 25+!!! Needless to say I left around 4. How about you guys ? Any luck ?
Old 12-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

I went out. Had a blast. Missed one, but saw what I wanted to. Looking forward to 7a.m.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Spike

I went today in Arkansas' late ML season. It was foggy/light raining, not much wind and warmer temperatures. I shot a doe at 119 yards with my Remington 700ML. The 300 gr XTP bullet did a DRT on her.

I found a fresh shed today. Since I shot an antlerless buck on the 18th (he'd already shed his antlers), and since I only have one buck tag left (and no more doe tags), my deer season is over for the year.

Didn't do too bad, I killed three deer this year.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Spike

i too live in ILL i was ice fishing at the chain of lakes and the weather was everything you described. we left to go fish another place but before we left it was very windy. we have had rain and warm weather which made the ice very slushy and a lot of water pooling above the ice. i know its not hunting. to top it off i learned i had two holes in my boots, but it was nice because it was about 45 degrees but once that wind hit, well lets just say it got chilly!
Old 12-30-2010, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

Weather in Oklahoma has sucked the last few days. Warm temps, strong wind, and rain. I've been sleeping in!
Old 12-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Spike

sounds like some of you guys had a good time. Thats all that matters. They are calling for thunderstorms tonight now ..60% chance..only going to be mid 40's..up to 60 degrees tomorrow. I may go in the morning. I'll see what it looks like at 4 a.m.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default Well

unfortunately I'm "one and done" this year. I shot a 8 point 1OCT and couldn't find time after signing a new contract for work this year. I wish however, that I could duplicate that sit per buck ratio every year. I got darn lucky!!!!!! Good luck HUNTERS!
Old 12-31-2010, 05:23 AM
Fork Horn

I wish i could!!! nothing open around here. You's are lucky $#@%$'s
Old 12-31-2010, 05:30 AM
Typical Buck

I'm with cantrap, wish i could be out there, if you want cold, it's -21C (-8f) or -31C (-21f) with the windchill here this morning.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by RonPenner
I'm with cantrap, wish i could be out there, if you want cold, it's -21C (-8f) or -31C (-21f) with the windchill here this morning.

Were the deer moving much in that temp.