HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   anyone go out today? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/337347-anyone-go-out-today.html)

Burtle 12-30-2010 01:15 PM

anyone go out today?

The weather here in central Illinois has been crap the last few days. raining on and off/warming up etc...I wasn't going to go at all. Around 1 this afternoon I decided to get ready and head out. I got to my spot around 2 and soon as I sat down the wind just started blowing like crazy. I didn't realize how windy it was until I actually sat down. Stayed for a few hours and didn't hear anything, but branches breaking off trees from the wind. I ended up pulling out my phone to check the wind speeds. They were 25+!!! Needless to say I left around 4. How about you guys ? Any luck ?

rlpsystems 12-30-2010 03:08 PM

I went out. Had a blast. Missed one, but saw what I wanted to. Looking forward to 7a.m.

DPHMIN 12-30-2010 03:28 PM

I went today in Arkansas' late ML season. It was foggy/light raining, not much wind and warmer temperatures. I shot a doe at 119 yards with my Remington 700ML. The 300 gr XTP bullet did a DRT on her.

I found a fresh shed today. Since I shot an antlerless buck on the 18th (he'd already shed his antlers), and since I only have one buck tag left (and no more doe tags), my deer season is over for the year.

Didn't do too bad, I killed three deer this year.

_DANNY_ 12-30-2010 03:29 PM

i too live in ILL i was ice fishing at the chain of lakes and the weather was everything you described. we left to go fish another place but before we left it was very windy. we have had rain and warm weather which made the ice very slushy and a lot of water pooling above the ice. i know its not hunting. to top it off i learned i had two holes in my boots, but it was nice because it was about 45 degrees but once that wind hit, well lets just say it got chilly!

H.L.H 12-30-2010 03:36 PM

Weather in Oklahoma has sucked the last few days. Warm temps, strong wind, and rain. I've been sleeping in!

Burtle 12-30-2010 05:14 PM

sounds like some of you guys had a good time. Thats all that matters. They are calling for thunderstorms tonight now :(..60% chance..only going to be mid 40's..up to 60 degrees tomorrow. I may go in the morning. I'll see what it looks like at 4 a.m.

tight360 12-31-2010 04:56 AM

Well

unfortunately I'm "one and done" this year. I shot a 8 point 1OCT and couldn't find time after signing a new contract for work this year. I wish however, that I could duplicate that sit per buck ratio every year. I got darn lucky!!!!!! Good luck HUNTERS!:sad0064:

cantrap 12-31-2010 05:23 AM

I wish i could!!! nothing open around here. You's are lucky $#@%$'s

RonPenner 12-31-2010 05:30 AM

I'm with cantrap, wish i could be out there, if you want cold, it's -21C (-8f) or -31C (-21f) with the windchill here this morning.

jrfrmn 12-31-2010 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by RonPenner (Post 3750337)
I'm with cantrap, wish i could be out there, if you want cold, it's -21C (-8f) or -31C (-21f) with the windchill here this morning.

Were the deer moving much in that temp.