Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Adrenaline Rush??????

Old 12-18-2010, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default Adrenaline Rush??????

I just wanted to know when everyone gets their adrenaline rush? Do you start feeling it soon as you see that deer come walking into your area, right before the shot or right after the shot? I myself don't get the adrenaline rush till I fire the gun. I don't even know why I re-load my muzzleloader. I'm shaking so bad I can barely get the pellets and bullet into the barrel. Can you imagine me trying to put the crosshairs behind the deers shoulder??!! HA!HA!HA!
Old 12-18-2010, 09:43 AM
Spike

i get very excited soon as i spot whatever it is im hunting when iam deer hunting ill start to get the shakes after the shot noting wrong with "buck fever"just got to keep it under control
Old 12-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Typical Buck

Use to but after so many encounters with bucks its like another day in the office.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:36 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by blackhawk_archery
Use to but after so many encounters with bucks its like another day in the office.
I call bs on that and if it's not then you need to hang it up hunting isn't just about killing. I know ppl that have hunted for years and still get the rush

For me the rush comes when I see the deer... then I have time to get it under control and make it count
Old 12-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Frosty452
I call bs on that and if it's not then you need to hang it up hunting isn't just about killing. I know ppl that have hunted for years and still get the rush

For me the rush comes when I see the deer... then I have time to get it under control and make it count

I still enjoy it,in fact I love it more then anything on this earth but I dont get the shakes or any kind of rush,and I have had encounters with bucks that would make some men brown there under britches,I only have 2 bucks on the wall and should have 9-10 maybe more but I have made a lot of mistakes hunting with junk equipment,I have done away with all the junk and upgraded to modern equipment,I never once said it was about the kill,being self employed and working part time in the spring and summer I spend days upon days in the woods,I enjoy every 2nd of it,I don't see where not getting shaky or rushed warrants hanging up my equipment.

Last edited by blackhawk_archery; 12-18-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

I get it after the shot.........Right about the time my ears start ringing
Old 12-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Dominant Buck

During Archery..as soon as I see the deer...the first time I saw a hog..I was shaking so hard I couldn't stand up..I was stuck at a 45 degree angle im my legs..

Rifle this year..the rush came after the shot..the deer is down but you aint sure if he somehow squated down and ran away..or if he's really down..you are pumped..cross hairs ..forget it ..the scope is everywhere
Old 12-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

Lol. Yeah, about the time I start thinking I've got a chance on one I start to get pretty pumped up. A few deep breaths usually calms the nerves, then POW!
Old 12-18-2010, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

I have shot some big deer and have had encounters with my fair share of Iowa monsters, but no matter how big I always get that rush feeling right after the shot. This year however, I had a clean 155"+ 8 pt that had me damn near shaking my stand off the tree. I don't get near the rush when ML comes around however.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Spike

I start to get excited when I decide to raise my rifle. When a deer comes out, I get calm and feel as if every muscle in my body is relaxed. I forget that I am cold and quit shivering, too. But dang it, as soon as I lift that rifle off of my lap......I have to remember deep, long breaths. Then I calm down and start to squeeze. Doesn't matter if it's a doe, buck, or yearling. Been this way for 20 years at 5 to 10 deer a year. But......I like it!! Wouldn't be fun if there was no rush.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.