Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Adrenaline Rush??????

Old 12-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Dominant Buck

Now that you mention it..it is when you pick up the rifle..I've been busted so many times I usally don't get the pick up the rifle opportunity..so yeah..when I am holding the rifle I start getting my rush as well..

Cops who live in high crime places must really get the shakes when they have to pull thier firearms.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:04 AM
dpv
Typical Buck

I can't pin it down to a specific time. It's happened at all different times and sometimes not at all.
I've had a couple doe I was getting ready to shoot and my heart was beating so loud that I could actually hear it and was sure the deer could as well. A terrible fight to control breathing. Last year when I finally killed my first buck(3pointer), I had watched it maybe half an hour. It had been out of range but barking dogs in the distance caused it to come trotting my way. All I thought was "this is it. This is my buck. I raised my shotgun and fired. I concentrated on performing a mechanical action that I have done on the range and in my head many times. After the deer was down, I maintained sight picture with the weapon for a while, then sat down and just absorbed the moment. I remember taking note of the fact that I had no jitters or jumpiness. didn't have to calm my breathing or anything. Later that season I took a dow with crossbow and it was the same.
This year I took my first "decent" buck with a crossbow. 10 minutes before the buck showed up I had a 2 doe and 2 fawn come in and my heart was beating like a freight train and breathing was almost raspy. I calmed myself down when they ran off and then the 7 pointer came in....I didn't feel the buck fever hit at all I just concentrated on placing the shot properly and not spooking him. After the shot I just sat there trying to visualize the spot I hit him because I knew it was far back (extreme quartering shot).
Yesterday I was in a tree when 2 sets of does ran thru about 10 minutes apart. These were the first deer I have seen in rifle season and it was gratifying because I was starting to feel like I wasn't gonna see another deer all year. No buck fever. Then I heard some dogs pushing something my way and I got buck fever and had to work to keep my breathing down. Didn't see anything more than a blur in the woods at 200 yds that could have been anything.
I don't know when it will hit me. But I hate it when it ruins my aim and I love it because of the feeling it gives you.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

BArchery,

Don't let it bother you, I'm 62 and started deer hunting when I was 14 or 15. I don't get the skakes either, comes with experience. About the only time now days that I might get a little hyper is when a wild boar or sow with pigs rush me, now that's a turn on.

dog1
Old 12-19-2010, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

As soon as I see a deer my adrenaline is pumping and builds write up to and after the shot. If I decide to not take a shot attempt, for example if the deer is not legal or out of range I will relax and settle down. But if its legal and coming my way forget about it the opportunity to harvest a whitetail gets me pumped. I don't see it changing in the future either.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Dominant Buck

I haven't killed enough deer to ever out grow the shakes..but like someone said earlier..the shakes begin for me when I pick up my bow or rifle
Old 12-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

Must suck If you dont get the shakes anymore. Its part of the thrill of the hunt. I have heard a lot of people say that when you lose the shakes you may as well quite hunting... I love shaking so bad after I shoot that sometimes i feel like im having a seizure!
Old 12-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kyslayer
Must suck If you dont get the shakes anymore. Its part of the thrill of the hunt. I have heard a lot of people say that when you lose the shakes you may as well quite hunting... I love shaking so bad after I shoot that sometimes i feel like im having a seizure!

I don't get what the big deal is about the shakes,the last thing I want is a monster buck coming in and to be shaking so bad I cant take the shot,its like a boxer getting in the ring for the first time he will have the shakes and butterflies in his stomach but after so many fights he no longer gets nervous and becomes a more experienced boxer and will be able to fight better because of this,that does not mean he has lost his passion for boxing,and the same can be said about us who dont shake when we have a shot or shoot a deer.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

im not talking about experience or skill or whose better than who, Im just saying I love the feeling after a kill and it affects different people in different ways. My grandpa is 76 years old and has been hunting every year since he was a boy. I dont know anyone around who knows more about hunting than him. He still gets the shakes and ill tell ya right now he has plenty of experience, I dont thinki your better because you dont shake.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

I am not trying to say I am better hunter then anyone,I am just saying I dont shake anymore.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

fair enough... happy hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.