Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
New World Record Whitetail killed in Saskatchewan >

New World Record Whitetail killed in Saskatchewan

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New World Record Whitetail killed in Saskatchewan

Old 12-17-2010, 09:03 AM
Spike

Thats a gorgeous buck and wonderful taxidermy job fritz, beautiful
Old 12-17-2010, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

I'll back Fritz. My bil is a taxidermist and most of them know how deer score better then most. Look at how short those SK tines are. It's wide and that's about all it's got going for it.

That SK buck is NOT anything to crow about. Nice deer but not when comparing to the best.

Wisconsin bucks this year...
Attached Thumbnails New World Record Whitetail killed in Saskatchewan-1002102109.jpg   New World Record Whitetail killed in Saskatchewan-buck2.jpg   New World Record Whitetail killed in Saskatchewan-indabuck1.jpg  

Last edited by warbirdlover; 12-17-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by warbirdlover
I'll back Fritz. My bil is a taxidermist and most of them know how deer score better then most.
That SK buck is NOT anything to crow about. Nice deer but not when comparing to the best.
I disagree. As an official measurer I will promise you that the majority of taxidermists do not know how to measure. In fact, most are good at giving wrong information to hunters. Ask the members of the Buck & Bear Club, Wisconsins measuring club. Im sure they will agree. Taxidermists who consider themselves measurers are usually part of the problem. I know very few of them that know how to measure accurately. Although most will tell you they do.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

I'm not not sure if it is or Is'nt but I sure hope it is...
Old 12-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dc240nt
Fritz, Fritz, Fritz...come on man, your assesment doesnt hold water. The picture you first posted of the "200 inch" is a non typical. Take it to any OFFICIAL measurer and you'll find that out. You cannot fairly compare a typical to a non typical. The typical frame on that buck is nowhere even close to ebing 200 inches. Its the non typical points that push it to that number. The second picture is also a great buck but it has several inches of abnormal point deductions. It has tine length, but far less spread and far less mass, and far shorter beams. And one more thing I need to point out to you, the B&C minimum for typical antlers is 170 inches, not 175. Thanks for the pictures, they are both great deer.
I never said my 200" buck was a typical, I am well aware that it is a non-typical. There is over 200" of antler growth on that buck regaurdless and I personally dont see 200" of antler growth on that typical even if you were to give it all of its deductions. and as far as me being a taxidermist that doesnt know how to score you are very wrong. I have been scoreing bucks for years and have never been wrong on any buck I have scored. my buck I scored way before it was ever officialy scored and I was right on the money, you act like it is some big complicated deal to score a rack, last I checked I do know how to read a tape measure and beleive it or not I even know how to add and subtract.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SaskatchewanOutdoors

Hunter-Charles Stone
Killed on Indian Reserve land near Wilkie Saskatchewan
Green Score- 218 and change net

See what people are saying in Saskatchewan
link
http://www.menoutdoors.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=15827
look at the distance between the corner of the eye to the tip of the nose, looks pretty close to the same as the lenght of the longest tine. on a buck that size i would say that the eye to nose measurement is 8.5" and that would be a huge deer most deer are about 7.5", this tells me the longest tine on this deer is probably about 8.5-9". Ever wonder why the guy isnt posed behind it, you can make a deer look bigger if you take a picture with it farther from you, look at his hands were he is holding the base, his index finger is curled up, he is not trying to reach arround the antler so you can not get a true estimate on the mass. the deers ears are laying back so you have really know reference to judge the width, a whitetail with its ears foward is about 21" tip of ear to tip of ear.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:13 PM
Spike

Nice deer. Nothing like the small bucks im used to seeing
Old 12-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

very nice buck,congrats!
Old 12-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a picture of my rack, its a better view, you can see the mass it has. my buck has way more mass, tine length, pretty much everything but the width. this buck officially scored over 200" and it has 8 on one side and 9 on the other, there is no way that short tined 6x7 scores anywhere near a 200! The eye gaurds on my buck are longer than the longest tine on that buck Even if you added its deductions it isnt going to score that high. Still it is a nice buck, far from a world record though.

Last edited by fritz1; 12-17-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by OntElk
You know I love going down and hunting in the US with my buddies down there. Biggest reason is you find out that idiot politicians in Washington and Ottawa, idiot journalists on Tv and in print usually paint different pictures of what we're all about. At the heart of it I am usually hunting with good normal people, Like-minded in more ways than we ever knew.

The other thing you find out is there is ignorant, obnoxious d!ks in both countries.
Hahaha....this guy got so mad at my post he bashed me in a PM. Oh Canada!! You would think with the size of their country they would have something a little bigger then that to show off. Our little Mid-west produces the biggest whitetail bucks in the world IMO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.