Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
New World Record Whitetail killed in Saskatchewan >

New World Record Whitetail killed in Saskatchewan

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New World Record Whitetail killed in Saskatchewan

Old 12-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

haha! I don't think so...
Old 12-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

No wonder the dude wouldn't show his face, after a claim like that is made. Won't even make boone & crokett net.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Spike

Here is what I was told on measurements.....the first pic is a bad on e btw.

left side: Main beam = 30 6/8, Circumferance = 26 3/8, (G-1 5 1/8, G-2 8 2/8, G-3 11 5/8, G-4 7 7/8, G-5 9 2/8) Tine lenght = 42 1/8"

Left side total = 99 2/8" + 1 1/8 Abnormal point = 100 3/8"

Right side: Main beam = 30 1/8, Circ = 24 2/8, (G-1 6, G-2 8 1/8, G-3 11 1/8, G-4 8 2/8, G-5 8 1/8, G-6 2 1/8) Tine lenght = 43 6/8

Right side total = 98 1/8"

Left + Right = 198 4/8"

Inside spread credit = 29 2/8"

left side + Right side + IS credit = 227 6/8 Gross Typical score
total deductions = 9"
Net typical score = 218 6/8"

These #'s are all hear say only; I have not spoke to the owner of this trophy & do not mean in any way to miss lead anyone person or group of this WT deers Official B & C Score.

You be the judge
Attached Thumbnails New World Record Whitetail killed in Saskatchewan-stonebuck-1.jpg  
Old 12-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see a bigger score with that pic, but i still don't think it makes it.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am sorry but i work at a taxidermy shop and see a lot of big deer, I even have one that scores over 200, there is no way that deer scores that.

here is my buck, look at the tine length and the mass, that other deer doesnt have either. nice buck but not what they are claiming it to be!

here it is the first time I mounted it, 20 years ago

Last edited by fritz1; 12-16-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:59 AM
Typical Buck

Has anyone ever seen a replica mount of the Hanson bucK? They have one at my local Bass Pro. I may be weird for saying this, but I was a little let down. I was expecting this big huge rack. Maybe it's the hype and the pics, but I will say the deer is nearly perfect!
That's why I think "net" scores don't mean anything to me. Even inside spread is measuring AIR! You look at the gross score and that represents the amount of bone (with the spread). period. It's ridiculous to think if my G2 on one side is 12 inches and the other side is 9 inches I lose 3 on the score and he is now all of sudden no better than the one with matching 9 inch G2's. Those deer with antlers that go straight out the side and get 30 plus inch spread scores usually don't impress me either. I'm just looking at how much bone is coming out.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:11 AM
Spike

Well I'm sorry, but don't see how you can honestly say that fritz1. Just by looking at the pics you can see that the first buck has more mass, and obvious longer mains. I agree that the tine length doesn't look like much. But think about this. 30 inch mains 50 inches of mass and a 29 inch spread. That is 139 inches before any tines are measured. It would only need and average of 7.5 inch tines (conservative) to put it over 223 inches gross. Just something to think about, not saying its true. Though I think it would be cool!
Old 12-16-2010, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

I agree. More mass on that SK buck. I like yours better though Fritz. I like that the rack is not all wide and main beams come together like they do. Hurts the score but who cares. I like the chaaracter but then big deductions on symetry. Who cares. I like all the kickers points. They're called "abnormal" and take away from typical scores. Who cares.

Big long main beams that strecth out for big inside spread is the easiest way to run up a score. This buck definitley has that and some huge mass.

You know what's interesting is when it comes to the world record the most famous deer is the biggest typical. Never any bonus points for how it was taken, hunt difficulty etc. Outside of being legally taken by a hunter if you shoot the new net typical whitetail and dethrone the Hanson buck you're a star.

I know some guys criticize Milo Hanson and how the current record was taken but that doesn't change anything about it's status as being the No.1.

Kind of puts our antler obsession into perspective! In other words we don't have perspective when it comes to a deers antlers. lol
Old 12-16-2010, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who supposedly scored this buck? They are claiming it has over 11" G-3's, not even close! I stand behind my decision this buck scores no where close to what they are claiming. Look at this buck, it is huge but it doesnt make the minimum book score for a typical of 175", and it looks to me bigger than that buck in the picture.

Old 12-17-2010, 08:55 AM
Spike

Fritz, Fritz, Fritz...come on man, your assesment doesnt hold water. The picture you first posted of the "200 inch" is a non typical. Take it to any OFFICIAL measurer and you'll find that out. You cannot fairly compare a typical to a non typical. The typical frame on that buck is nowhere even close to ebing 200 inches. Its the non typical points that push it to that number. The second picture is also a great buck but it has several inches of abnormal point deductions. It has tine length, but far less spread and far less mass, and far shorter beams. And one more thing I need to point out to you, the B&C minimum for typical antlers is 170 inches, not 175. Thanks for the pictures, they are both great deer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.