HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New World Record Whitetail killed in Saskatchewan
Old 12-17-2010, 05:49 PM
fritz1
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dc240nt
Fritz, Fritz, Fritz...come on man, your assesment doesnt hold water. The picture you first posted of the "200 inch" is a non typical. Take it to any OFFICIAL measurer and you'll find that out. You cannot fairly compare a typical to a non typical. The typical frame on that buck is nowhere even close to ebing 200 inches. Its the non typical points that push it to that number. The second picture is also a great buck but it has several inches of abnormal point deductions. It has tine length, but far less spread and far less mass, and far shorter beams. And one more thing I need to point out to you, the B&C minimum for typical antlers is 170 inches, not 175. Thanks for the pictures, they are both great deer.
I never said my 200" buck was a typical, I am well aware that it is a non-typical. There is over 200" of antler growth on that buck regaurdless and I personally dont see 200" of antler growth on that typical even if you were to give it all of its deductions. and as far as me being a taxidermist that doesnt know how to score you are very wrong. I have been scoreing bucks for years and have never been wrong on any buck I have scored. my buck I scored way before it was ever officialy scored and I was right on the money, you act like it is some big complicated deal to score a rack, last I checked I do know how to read a tape measure and beleive it or not I even know how to add and subtract.