Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
New World Record Whitetail killed in Saskatchewan >

New World Record Whitetail killed in Saskatchewan

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New World Record Whitetail killed in Saskatchewan

Old 12-18-2010, 07:49 AM
Spike

This same deer is posted on maryland whitetail. It states it was taken in Ohio. It is a nice deer but I have my reserves on who and where this deer was actually taken.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by dc240nt
I disagree. As an official measurer I will promise you that the majority of taxidermists do not know how to measure. In fact, most are good at giving wrong information to hunters. Ask the members of the Buck & Bear Club, Wisconsins measuring club. Im sure they will agree. Taxidermists who consider themselves measurers are usually part of the problem. I know very few of them that know how to measure accurately. Although most will tell you they do.
Well, when you and your boys officially measure the damn thing, let us know. Not to stir up a $hit storm in this forum, but nobody will know what it will score until its officially measured. I will let it be known, and I have no shame in telling this, I AM NOT AN OFFICIAL SCORER, I repeat, I am not an official scorer. But what I do know is this. 200 inches of anlter is NOT easy to come by. No matter if its typical or non typical. I have seen ALOT of deer brought into get processed, probally over 13,000 to be exact. I have seen some monstrous bucks. I have seen some with almost 28 inch inside spread. I have seen them with gnarled points and tines coming out of everywhere. I have seen deer with main beams that are massive at the base all the way to the end of the main beams. I also know alot of taxidermist, and alot of hunters. I also know alot of guys come in with a nice 10 pointer and THINK they got themselves a 160 class deer when in truth, they got themselves a 135-138 class deer. They scoff at me and a couple other taxidermist as though they feel as we are be-littling their deer. A couple guys ( that have shot respectable bucks ) have theirs sent out to be "officially scored " by those people of your scoring knowledge, only to have it returned to them after drying times to be MUCH MUCH less than what they expected. Its disappointing, I know. Most guys consider a 120 class deer to be a trophy, Because it is. Atleast to me 120 and larger is trophy. And most guys that never seen a 120 class buck, they will think it is alot bigger than it really is. A 150 class typical would give most guys buck fever if they had it come walking up to their stand. a 160 class is even better. and 160 class typicals are few and far between. Thats why most " trophy hunts" at ranches advertise their trophies at 140 class and up. NOT 160 and up. Even with the BEST genetics and food and management. 160 class typicals are not common. Over the last 17 years or so I have seen and processed over 13,000 deer. I have seen the big and the small, the young and the old. I remember a couple that I thought would score 200 or more. I was wrong!!!!!!! one came back as 178" and the bigger one came back 196" typical, he was huge!!!!!! and although I cant be certain from a picture. I will side with most of the fellows on this forum saying that there is no way 200 plus inches of antler on that deer. But like I said, prove us wrong, get it scored, and if it is a world record, its picture will be on every scent bottle, every magazine cover, every advertisement, then we will know for sure. Until then stop blowing smoke up our A$$es and have you and your buddies score that thing. Then you guys can strike up some endorsement deals with some of the big companies. Who knows, We might be seeing your deer on buckmasters next year ( as the new world record whitetail )......BUT I DONT THINK SO.

Last edited by OldBuckstalker1187; 12-18-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

I dont think this buck is even half the score of the current world record.

It is actually pretty small,its wide but thats about it.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by OldBuckstalker1187
Well, when you and your boys officially measure the damn thing, let us know. Not to stir up a $hit storm in this forum, but nobody will know what it will score until its officially measured. I will let it be known, and I have no shame in telling this, I AM NOT AN OFFICIAL SCORER, I repeat, I am not an official scorer. But what I do know is this. 200 inches of anlter is NOT easy to come by. No matter if its typical or non typical. I have seen ALOT of deer brought into get processed, probally over 13,000 to be exact. I have seen some monstrous bucks. I have seen some with almost 28 inch inside spread. I have seen them with gnarled points and tines coming out of everywhere. I have seen deer with main beams that are massive at the base all the way to the end of the main beams. I also know alot of taxidermist, and alot of hunters. I also know alot of guys come in with a nice 10 pointer and THINK they got themselves a 160 class deer when in truth, they got themselves a 135-138 class deer. They scoff at me and a couple other taxidermist as though they feel as we are be-littling their deer. A couple guys ( that have shot respectable bucks ) have theirs sent out to be "officially scored " by those people of your scoring knowledge, only to have it returned to them after drying times to be MUCH MUCH less than what they expected. Its disappointing, I know. Most guys consider a 120 class deer to be a trophy, Because it is. Atleast to me 120 and larger is trophy. And most guys that never seen a 120 class buck, they will think it is alot bigger than it really is. A 150 class typical would give most guys buck fever if they had it come walking up to their stand. a 160 class is even better. and 160 class typicals are few and far between. Thats why most " trophy hunts" at ranches advertise their trophies at 140 class and up. NOT 160 and up. Even with the BEST genetics and food and management. 160 class typicals are not common. Over the last 17 years or so I have seen and processed over 13,000 deer. I have seen the big and the small, the young and the old. I remember a couple that I thought would score 200 or more. I was wrong!!!!!!! one came back as 178" and the bigger one came back 196" typical, he was huge!!!!!! and although I cant be certain from a picture. I will side with most of the fellows on this forum saying that there is no way 200 plus inches of antler on that deer. But like I said, prove us wrong, get it scored, and if it is a world record, its picture will be on every scent bottle, every magazine cover, every advertisement, then we will know for sure. Until then stop blowing smoke up our A$$es and have you and your buddies score that thing. Then you guys can strike up some endorsement deals with some of the big companies. Who knows, We might be seeing your deer on buckmasters next year ( as the new world record whitetail )......BUT I DONT THINK SO.
Easy there Hoss, sorry to get your fuse lit! Take a frickin chill-pill. But you did hit the nail right on the head. Most scores given by someone other then an official measurer are wrong and long. Thats why its best to take a deer to an official measurer, not Billy Bob Six-Pack. You seem to be jumping all over me for being a measurer? I am a measurer, and a very expeienced one at that. But at no time and nowhere did I ever imply that I would be measuring this deer. The score from official measurers has been released and this deer is bigger then all most all of you arm chair experts have predicted. However, it will not be a world record.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by jwsfitter
This same deer is posted on maryland whitetail. It states it was taken in Ohio. It is a nice deer but I have my reserves on who and where this deer was actually taken.
The deer was taken In Saskatchewan by Charles Stone. Well documented as fact.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Easy there Hoss, sorry to get your fuse lit! Take a frickin chill-pill. But you did hit the nail right on the head. Most scores given by someone other then an official measurer are wrong and long. Thats why its best to take a deer to an official measurer, not Billy Bob Six-Pack. You seem to be jumping all over me for being a measurer? I am a measurer, and a very expeienced one at that. But at no time and nowhere did I ever imply that I would be measuring this deer. The score from official measurers has been released and this deer is bigger then all most all of you arm chair experts have predicted. However, it will not be a world record.
My chair doesn't have arm's but im curious to what it scored. Do you know?
Old 12-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Spike

My name is not hoss, And I am an expert at nothing.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Spike

I just want to say to dc240nt, that I am sorry for coming across the way I did. My intension was never to be-little you as a person or a hunter. And I didn't want to jump all over the fact that you are a measurer either. And from me reviewing some of the things I said in my post, I must apologize. I wouldn't want any of the members in here to have a bad experience due to something I said. so once again, I am sorry if I came across so harsh.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by OldBuckstalker1187
I just want to say to dc240nt, that I am sorry for coming across the way I did. My intension was never to be-little you as a person or a hunter. And I didn't want to jump all over the fact that you are a measurer either. And from me reviewing some of the things I said in my post, I must apologize. I wouldn't want any of the members in here to have a bad experience due to something I said. so once again, I am sorry if I came across so harsh.
No problem what so ever. You didnt need to apologize to me for anything. But since you did, then I accept and here's to you