Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Late Muzzleloading Season

Old 12-18-2010, 11:41 AM
Typical Buck

Default Late Muzzleloading Season

Our late season muzzleloading season starts Monday here in Iowa. This will be my first year hunting it and was wondering had any tips for hunting it..
Old 12-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Spike

Dress very warm!!!!!
Old 12-18-2010, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

Get too where there is food...... I like too hunt at night before dark....the deer will feed in picked corn...bean....and hay fields....good luck....where i hunt the fields are all tilled up and i dont think the deer will come too them...i got my hands full

Last edited by IOWAWHITETAILS; 12-18-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by IOWAWHITETAILS
Get too where there is food...... I like too hunt at night before dark....the deer will feed in picked corn...bean....and hay fields....good luck....where i hunt the fields are all tilled up and i dont think the deer will come too them...i got my hands full
Ours started today! And yes, especially afternoon, hunt the corn and bean fields. Right now they're hitting them pretty hard. Mornings tho they seem to be staying in the timber finding the rest of this years plentiful mast.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

Just like Whitetails said, get on the food sources, you can bet Monday will find both me and my wife on the food plots!
Old 12-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

I think I'm going to set up on the edge of CRP ground timber next to the bean field that I have been seeing a lot of does in