Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Possible world record out of NE >

Possible world record out of NE

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Possible world record out of NE

Old 12-10-2010, 06:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default Possible world record out of NE

Here's the story from the taxidermist who is mounting it. It's not me. The story and pics were forwarded to me. Just passing it along. Here you go.

"This bad boy was shot last night near Loma (Brainard, Ne). I was at our are DU banquet when I got the call I had better get out to see this deer. We headed to the farm and it was like a NU football game there was so many people and trucks.
Kevin Petrzilka shot it and could not have been more humble about it, his son had spotted mending fence and had called his dad to get out there. They made the perfect plan to surround it and laid him down. I caped it off last night right where he laid and the rack will be back in Kevin's hands today so I am not responsible for it until I mount it ( which is a privilege as well) We green scored it last night as a typical that Grossed 226-4/8, his net was 216-3/8. If he stays as a typical because there is a concern that his G3's may count as non-typical, he will rank near the top in the world. No matter what happens with this buck as far as scores go he is a once in a lifetime trophy and will be in a few magazines no doubt. I have physically seen a couple bigger non-typical deer in person, but this is the biggest typical by far. Milo Hanson's world record Typical is 213" just to put into perspective, and Nebraska 's #1 typical is 199". Time will tell but I had to share because it is obviously the buzz in this part of the state."

Old 12-10-2010, 06:28 AM
Dominant Buck

not bad..diffently a keeper.{ -;
Old 12-10-2010, 06:32 AM
Typical Buck

Here's a link to the story I found digging around for info. Looks like it won't be a world record after all. NE state record is a possibility. Nevertheless, a big-ole-goodin and a good-ole-biggun.

http://deerfever.com/archives/523
Old 12-10-2010, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

Shoulda let him grow another year! LOL.

Don't think I could ever let something like that walk by! That thing is awesome!
Old 12-10-2010, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

No. I think I'd let him walk! HA!HA!HA!
Old 12-10-2010, 08:51 AM
Spike

Wow...what an animal is all I can say, doesnt matter if its a record.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Spike

one amazing buck!
Old 12-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Typical Buck

Wow! Nice buck. That guy is huge!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Spike

I hunt about 20 minutes from where that buck was taken. Great deer.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Holy feces Batman...what a giant.