HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Possible world record out of NE
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 06:16 AM
Doubled 150
Typical Buck

Default Possible world record out of NE

Here's the story from the taxidermist who is mounting it. It's not me. The story and pics were forwarded to me. Just passing it along. Here you go.

"This bad boy was shot last night near Loma (Brainard, Ne). I was at our are DU banquet when I got the call I had better get out to see this deer. We headed to the farm and it was like a NU football game there was so many people and trucks.
Kevin Petrzilka shot it and could not have been more humble about it, his son had spotted mending fence and had called his dad to get out there. They made the perfect plan to surround it and laid him down. I caped it off last night right where he laid and the rack will be back in Kevin's hands today so I am not responsible for it until I mount it ( which is a privilege as well) We green scored it last night as a typical that Grossed 226-4/8, his net was 216-3/8. If he stays as a typical because there is a concern that his G3's may count as non-typical, he will rank near the top in the world. No matter what happens with this buck as far as scores go he is a once in a lifetime trophy and will be in a few magazines no doubt. I have physically seen a couple bigger non-typical deer in person, but this is the biggest typical by far. Milo Hanson's world record Typical is 213" just to put into perspective, and Nebraska 's #1 typical is 199". Time will tell but I had to share because it is obviously the buzz in this part of the state."