HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Heater Body suit???
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 03:34 PM
khh
Spike

Default warmbag

I hunted Saskatchewan the week of thanksgiving -29C = -20 F really cold. Three guys in camp had Warm bags I had a body heater suit . The body heater suit is a friend of mine's , I've borrowed it 3 times to go up there but I never use it and I didn't this time either. It's to hard for me to get into, the stands are small and I can't get my feet in . My friend doesn't wear boots in it . He pulls the felts out of his boots and puts on boot blankets with chemical mix hand warmers in each foot. At -20 you still have a lot of clothes on under it. The guy's with the warm bags did fine. I had a chance to try one during the week it was much much easier to get in and out of. As soon as I got home I ordered one in grizzly size by ordering it extra big on me , I can use it just like a body heater suit . That is to say I can zip open the front or use the arm holes . It was a way better choice for me. A couple observations on the two suits.

The body heater suit:
PROS. quieter , made in the USA and I suspect warmer.
CONS. Bulkier , heavier , harder to get in and out of, not water proof , price $350.00 .

The Warm bag:
PROS. packs easier , much much easier to get into and out of , water proof , wind proof , can be used either with or without the arm holes if you buy it big enough . Price $250.00 (I got mine for $244.00 shipped.)
CONS. nosier, especially when it's really cold , made in China .

Now having said all that I have never hunted with a bow out of the warm bag so I can't say for sure I could shoot my bow with the arm hole as big as I bought the bag . I just think I can . Mine was bought for hunting Saskatchewan I know I can shoot either way with my rifle. Good hunting. KH