Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Pee Bottle or Not

Old 12-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Pee Bottle or Not

OK hunters,

I've heard both opinions on this one..Up to 2 weeks ago I didn't use one.

The other day I was talking to a fellow PE teacher who kind of changed my mind with this story.

He says..."I owned a small farm in Idaho. I had crops growing very close to the house and the deer would wake me up from thier loud eatting. What everyone uses up here to get rid of the deer is bear pee. All the deer left when I put the deer pee out."

Now ..from this story it appears that the deer can differentiate between different pee and other smells. Now, if I planned to hunt a spot over and over again..I'd be peeing in a plastic bottle. DEER ARE INCREDIBLE ANIMALS..ESPECIALLY IN A PUBLIC WMA.

What's you all's opinion on pee bottles?
Thanks,
C7
Old 12-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

Waste of room to carry one. We shoot 150" and above deer every year and the majority of my piss ends up on scrapes on my way in the woods and out of the woods. I have yet to be busted by the smell of piss alone...
Old 12-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to carry a pee bottle with me. You can get to the point of absolute ridiculousness when it comes to doing things to prevent getting busted. That is one of them. I've killed deer soon after a piss. As long as you don't piss on your tarsal glands, I think you'll be OK.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pee off the stand. By the time a deer gets close enough to care hes DRT.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Well, I was careful to remind the readers that this is public land..

1st of all..good spots on public property is not that easy.

2ndly..a decent spot where you plan to hunt lot...I wouldn't want to do anything to cause the deer to advoid this area in the future.I'll wait to see what the rest think...I haven't packed the plastic bottle yet..just wondering what the pros do.
C7
Old 12-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I pee out of the stand and not a problem.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

I piss out of the tree stand have never have got busted.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Spike

I carry the square plastic army surplus water bottle for that . I have used it up to 8 times in a dark to dark stand.Works great quiet, camo and a large hole. Two days on the same stand and a deer will know you moved in .If you walk a deer trail 3 days in a row you will see the deer will stop walking on it .I am sure some places the deer are use to people traffic more than others.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always carry one, but since I started taking BP medicine I fill one up before the morning is out on stand. I may have to start carrying two.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Spike

I went out last year with a friend to just some cams the day before opeing day and he piss on the ladder of my stand killed my first deer with a bow that next morning. I piss a bottle but i dont think it matters. if you play the wind the right way then you should have not need to worry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.