Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

morning or evening hunting?

Old 12-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Spike

Default morning or evening hunting?

what do you think is better? i personaly think evening hunting is better because it goes from being okay to being good. wuts ur opinion on the matter?
Old 12-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

I enjoy evening hunitng the most. Like you said, it gives me something to look forward to while on stand. That last hour of daylight everything seems to come alive... I hunt both about equally. I always see more activity in the evenings, but I've taken more deer in the mornings.
-Jake
Old 12-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

Killed more in the mornings but I hunt more in the evenings. Weird I know.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
I enjoy evening hunitng the most. Like you said, it gives me something to look forward to while on stand. That last hour of daylight everything seems to come alive... I hunt both about equally. I always see more activity in the evenings, but I've taken more deer in the mornings.
-Jake
Im with you on that one and i have deffenitily have got more deer in the morning
Old 12-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

This year we saw nothing in the morning and bunches in the evening, RIGHT at closing time (about 4:30).

Definitely evening.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Fork Horn

I enjoy both (getting up early tends to be less appealing though ) but evenings seem to be more productive in my opinion just because normally i hunt field edges and they all tend to filter out to the feeding area. Mornings i hunt up high on the bluffs where they come to bed but...deer dont all bed in one area like they do feeding areas
Old 12-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Dominant Buck

I love talking to guys who hunt in a highly pressure WMA and bags 7-8 deer a season..I learned one thing from these guys that I have adopted....THEY HUNT ALL DAY..
Deer can appear at any given time...

Mine..40% at Morning
40% between 1-3:00
20% in the Evening
Old 12-07-2010, 02:31 AM
Fork Horn

I love to hunt the morning, but I'm thinking I have seen more big bucks in the evening. Part of why I like mornings is getting up way before the crack of dawn and watching the sun rise. Maybe the best part of morning hunting is that should I be successful I have all day to process the meat. Besides I don't like tracking blood trails at night. And processing animals at night is usually a way for me to cut a finger or worst!
Old 12-07-2010, 03:02 AM
Typical Buck

I have shot about the same number of deer in the morning as I have in the evening.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:06 AM
Fork Horn

More activity in the evening before dark. only problem is finding the game if they take off after being shot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.