Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Carbon Suits

Old 11-30-2010, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by UPHunter08
That's the problem I have with the idea of carbon suits: at some point the carbon is fully saturated. The question I have is how long does that take? Yeah, I know that if you sit in a greasy gas station you're absorbing stronger odors, but that doesn't necessarily mean more molecules are being bound by the carbon (just smellier ones). At what point is the suit saturated? How do you know when you've reached that point? Deer smell far more than we do, so there is a point between when the suit is saturated for them than it is for us, right?

Too many unknowns for me to fork out that kind of money on a suit...
That's kinda the boat I'm in, They're not cheap and I'm not sure how effective they are. But I don't bow hunt so I don't need to get as close to take a deer.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Spike

I'm not saying this to be funny or anything. I am lactose intolerant and I have the worst gas on the planet! Almost made my boss puke once! Anyway if i crap my pants and I'm wearing carhartts ice fishing or something it smells bad, i might take a while but it comes out. But when I'm wearing my scent lok suit I DON"T SMELL ANYTHING! I have used the same one for four years, I put it the dryer about 4 times a season the face mask about 8 times. I don't have my masters degree in thermal dynamics like some of these guys that know how hot the carbon has to be in a scent lok suit to release scent. I just follow the directons ont the suit and it works for me.