Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Finally...

Old 11-28-2010, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default Finally...

After losing my first doe of the year due to my 1.5yr old turning the deep freezer off, and after a week long vacation/hunting trip and only seeing small bucks which I let walk, I started to doubt that I would be able to match last years deer total of 4 does and 1 buck. But Saturday night, the wind in my favor, arrows were flying once more!!! At 4:54pm, a nice mature doe came walking in at 8 yards away. I placed my pin on her and let it fly. She went 11 yards from where I shot her and fell over. Pretty pumped at this point that I had freezer meat again, I got down, filled out my tag and placed it around her leg. As Im admiring her beauty, and the thought of..."Finally, another doe!". Another doe came walking in at 15 yards facing away from me and going up the hill away from me. I'm crouched down with my bow in my hand and I nocked up another arrow and let it fly at 5:24pm. She then dropped 14 yards from where I shot her. A good night by anyones standards. Like they say, you have to be at the right place at the right time. And I was there!!!
Attached Thumbnails Finally...-jen-s-camera-285.jpg  
Old 11-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on you 2 kills. Nicely done. Glad you got meat again.Hope you didn't go to hard on your son.Apparently whenI was about that age,I shoved thousands of dollars in cash from a benifit (my dad was suppose to donate to a charity the next day) in all the heating and cold air returns oven, fridge. LOL.I guess he and my mom spent hours looking for the money. This was back in the 70's so it was a substancial amount more than today.The good news is they found all except for 50 bucks.The really good
news I've been very money hungry since just like my parents.He's gonna be
a chip off the old block for sure.I'm sure you did similar things as a little one.Funny stuff.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 11-28-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

Nice job sounds like a fun hunt.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

Ugh, I'll bet cleaning the freezer wasn't much fun. I know a guy who kept his freezer in an out building and it got unplugged somehow and he didn't realize it for awhile. He ended up getting rid of the freezer because he couldn't get the smell out of it.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MizzouMonster
Ugh, I'll bet cleaning the freezer wasn't much fun. I know a guy who kept his freezer in an out building and it got unplugged somehow and he didn't realize it for awhile. He ended up getting rid of the freezer because he couldn't get the smell out of it.
That would suck