Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

ButchA scores!!! Woo-hoo!!!

Old 11-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Talking ButchA scores!!! Woo-hoo!!!

Woo-hoo!!!! I nailed a 5 point buck on my sister's farm this afternoon around 4:00pm (On a Sunday too!!!!!)

The buck was coming down the wooded ridgeline, into the field, back into the woods, back into the field, all along the edge. I was in the field near my brother-in-law's barn (getting warmed up - it was 18 degrees this morning up here!!! ). I saw the buck and freaked out. I carefully raised up my Savage .308 and waited for him to come back out again and present a broadside shot. BAM!!! I nailed him right then and there, at 100 yards away, and dropped him in his tracks!!!!

I called my brother-in-law on my cellphone, and he laughed, "Yeah, I know... I heard the shot!" - he was outside on the farm, while I was in the upper pasture near the wooded ridgeline. He came up with the big backhoe and we hung the deer on the backhoe with a chain, while I gutted him. Then my brother-in-law used the backhoe and lowered him into his 4x4 truck bed (which he let me drive up into the fields and up into the woods).

The complimentary photos are taken when we got back to the farm and I'm holding the deer in the driveway by his pickup. The other photos are when we strung the deer up in the other barn/garage and are letting him hang overnight.

WOO-HOO!!!!

Old 11-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

That's a dang good big bodied deer ya have. I hope he don't break that chain
you have him hangin by......
Old 11-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good looking buck Butch!
Old 11-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice! Looks like your trip turned out to be a success
Old 11-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys... Yeah, I'm up here for Thanksgiving and am leaving Friday (black Friday) and will head back to Richmond, Virginia.

New York allows hunting on Sunday (something which I have never done before, because Virginia still has that stupid, colonial, blue-law ). And you know what? It was no big deal. It was just another day of the week. The deer didn't know any better. The earth didn't spin off its axis, and I'm not going to burn in hell either.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:25 AM
Fork Horn

Nice buck good job. How many tags do you have?
Old 11-22-2010, 03:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just one. I'm tagged out as a Non-Resident. But, I can still shoot a doe (or a few) with my brother-in-law's DMP permits or farmer crop damage permits or whatever. He just has to sign one over to me, then I sign it, and then I'd be legal.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

great thats why I like hunting in NY compared to Maine, lol.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the buck. We are still chasing them around back here in Virginia. Supposed to get nice and cold for Friday.....
Old 11-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Fork Horn

Nice job Butch.

Under our current antler restrictions I'd of had to let that one pass I'm afraid. 4 points on one side or a doe, unless it's an urban hunt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.