Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Pissed!

Old 11-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wvnimrod
A PURE A**HOLE!! Those kinda people we all could do without!
I would be checking in to who was hunting the surrounding property and inform them that if they are caught on your property without permission,you will press tresspassing charges!
This is the reason, when I hang my Lone Wolf that I chain and lock it! Also I have my name engraved on all my stands.
I geuss we need to put GPS tracking on our stands to stop the A**HOLES!

Even chaining and locking the stands up may not be 100% effective. I had two stands stolen a few years ago that were chained and padlocked. Apparently they used a cordless cutoff wheel to cut the chain and walked off with my stands.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Even chaining and locking the stands up may not be 100% effective. I had two stands stolen a few years ago that were chained and padlocked. Apparently they used a cordless cutoff wheel to cut the chain and walked off with my stands.
Yea,if they want them bad enough theres not much you can do,sad that we have a**holes around that have no respect!
Unfortunately this happens way too oftem,somesort off LOJACK system would be great,send the police right to them...hell yeah!!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

All of my lock-ons are strapped onto the tree and then on the support bars I weld a cross piece of steel. I then drill a 1/2" hole and put a grade 8, 8" steel lag bolt into the tree. And when they are 25' feet up, its not a place to start trying to figure out what is going to work or not. Been doing it for 10 years and so far, so good.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:09 AM
Spike

sorry to hear that.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

In a perfect world you should'nt have to lock your stuff up.This aint a perfect world.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

yes... i know

Last edited by llpaintball; 11-24-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

With my hang on, I use removable climbing ladder sections, and remove the bottom two sets.
This way the bass nerds have to climb quite a bit to get mine down.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

had the same thing happen to me...but i am blaming the logging thiefs
Old 11-24-2010, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

weld them on next time and put a hotwire around it!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Spike

Sorry to hear that. Weve had a problem with some one try to take our stands before. A guy that was in a huntin club with us stole are blind one day. His excuse was he took it cause he didnt know whos it was. Me and my family was the only other members in the clun so he knows whos it was. And if he didnt why would he take it??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.