Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Now I feel like a crappy hunter... >

Now I feel like a crappy hunter...

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Now I feel like a crappy hunter...

Old 11-23-2010, 06:46 AM
Spike

Default Now I feel like a crappy hunter...

I haven't even seen a buck this year, and this 16 YO girl from Wisconsin bags a 13 pt., 10pt. and an 8pt.
IN UNDER AN HOUR, with a muzzie!
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4431913/t...markable-feat/

Jeez
Old 11-23-2010, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

Don't feel bad.
It's just the Luck of the draw.
Some times you get lucky, and some times you don't.
Her, and her father were just in the right place, at the right time.

Keep your head up, and keep hunting.

Just remember a quiter never wins, and a winner never quits.

JMHO
Old 11-23-2010, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is it even legal to kill 3 bucks in a day in WI? IF so, that is the only state I have heard of where you could do something like that.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

Is it even legal to kill 3 bucks in a day in WI? IF so, that is the only state I have heard of where you could do something like that.
Assuming it is like an Iowa firearm season; a hunter can shoot as many deer as the group they are hunting with has tags. I.E. I can shoot 6 deer at a time if there are 6 tags in my hunting party, theoretically the deer belongs to the individual who tagged it, but many will just take the meat and let the shooter keep the trophy. I have a buddy who managed to add 5 decent sets of antlers to his collection one year.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

It's all about location, location, location. I hunt the TB zone in Michigan (and public land at that). I saw one doe this season. One. And I know that area like the back of my hand and have been hunting it for 30 years.

And I also know some farm country where some folks did well without really even having to break a sweat. I have no problem with that--but I also don't kick myself. It has nothing to do with what kind of hunter a person is--but the location that person is hunting.

Deer hunting, like life, isn't fair.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

Yea it's frustrating as hell. I talk to my buddy every time I hunt. I am watching the same button bucks walk by every morning and hearing gun shots right and left. He is telling me he just saw 5 eight points walk. He is on private land no one hunts. I am on public in an area that has some nice bucks. I saw two during bow season but none after. Like they say it's just luck and timing. Haven't seen a deer the last 5 times out but just shot a mountable wild hog last night so keep at it and it will come.